“Excellent trip!!” 5 of 5 stars

Issaquah,, Washington
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent trip!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

We took the Napali Supertour for teh 2nd time. It was just as magical as the first time we went. The Captain is very informative and the Crew is amazing. Definately a don't miss if you are on Kauai.

San Jose, California
12 attraction reviews
“Change of plans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

We were book on a Na Paili coast sunset cruise (3.5 hours), but we cruised the south shorte instead becuase of high winds. Since we were there in April, we had anticipated this might be the case. We enjoyed seeing spinner dolphins and one whale (spouts and fluke), and the crew (captain Ian, Drew and Patrick) treated us great. We would definitely consider taking a snokel cruise with them next time.

California
“Fast Is Not Always The Winner!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

We booked the 7-hour Na Pali & Niihau Super Tour.
We always look forward to a day on the water when staying
on the islands. We chose Holo-Holo for all we would see
with this tour. Their vessel was all they claimed it to be,
very nice. The crew is very attentive, and the food was good as well.
First half of trip to Niihau was fun. After snorkeling which proved
to be poor from those of us who know better, they served a buffet lunch
and offered alcohol as well. Soon after full stomachs, we were told over
the speaker from the captain that he was going to put on his
channel crossing music (which turned out to be screeching heavy metal)
and he wanted to hear a lot of heehaws as we powered across
the water back to the harbor.
This is where the hour long nightmare began! Too bad a nice tour turned
into what seemed as a bet as to how many people could be made ill
since the crew spent most of their time handing buckets out. People were
continually showered with waves of water coming from the sides and over
the top of the ship. All were trying to hold onto to something from the
body-pounding impact of the ship’s speed hitting the water while
many were trying to aim for the bucket! The high pitch grating excruciating
noise coming from the speakers said it all!!
The pleasure of the day quickly disappeared and torture replaced those
thoughts. “Get to the Fun Faster with the Fleetest Fleet on the Island”
now has a new meaning to us. Holo-Holo may need to consider
Passenger Comfort!! Fast is not always the winner, as we all know.

NEBRASKA
59 attraction reviews
“No customer satisfaction!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We had booked the NaPali coast tour several months in advance. We had looked forward to taking this boat trip for several years, and it was the main reason we returned to Kauai. ( Overall, we didn't care the best for this island, but weren't able to see these breathtaking cliffs on our last visit, so we decided to return to Kauai instead of visiting one of the other islands we liked better because we thought this boat ride would be one of the best things we would ever see in our life. ) Our paperwork stated that we should call the morning of the tour to confirm that ocean conditions would allow the trip. We did, they said everything was fine. So we made the hours drive to their location. We checked in at the time we were told, again, everything was fine for our cruise. We were rather upset at this time to be told that boarding would not begin for another hour! How ridiculous is that? So we sat around waiting with nothing to do. Finally it was time to leave. The captain gathered everyone around and gave a safety briefing. Then after he finished his speech and it was time to actually board the boat he says, " Unfortunately the waves are too rough and we aren't going to be able to go to NaPali today, instead we're going to take a cruise along the south shore. " Excuse me, but I'm quite certain that they had to have known this earlier in the day, at the very least at the time of check-in !!!!!!!! So what are you supposed to do? We've blown the entire day driving to this place and waiting around for them to finally be ready to go. There wasn't enough time to do anything else, and if we tried to reschedule for another day ( and who is to say that they wouldn't pull the same thing on us again ) we would have to cancel something else we had planned and have more disappointment. So it's time to board RIGHT NOW, so what else are you going to do but get on the boat!!
There are NO WORDS to express how disappointed we were, not to mention the TOTAL SHOCK we were in that they could treat their passengers this way. The captain assured us that we would see lots of whales and dolphins so we would still have a good trip. Well we only saw a couple of whales, no dolphins. I saw a lot more whales from the beach!!
At this point all we could do was have a few drinks to try to drown our sorrows. All beverages are included in the trip, so it caused us further upset when everytime we asked for another beer they acted like they were being put out and once even asked me if I was sure I really wanted another. We weren't the slightest bit drunk and were very offended!!!! Afterall, it was their total disregard for our feelings that made us want a drink in the first place!!! By the way, the champagne served for the sunset toast was the WORST I have ever tasted!
Dinner was also a big disappointment. The salad and appetizer veggie wraps were the best part of the meal. Need I say more. The stir-fry was borderline nasty. Bread was hard as a rock. Worst of all, was before they started serving the captain said, " Even though there is plenty of food, please don't take more than your share. " Excuse me!!!!!!!!! He said there's plenty, I paid a lot of money for a trip that didn't take me where I wanted to go, and he's telling me to be a skimpy eater!!!!!! Just for that comment I loaded my plate down to the point that I couldn't possibly fit another bite on it!!!
I should have known things would go badly when I booked the trip. I have never seen any activity be so picky. If you have ANY kind of medical condition requiring medication or ANY allergy to anything they DO NOT want you on their boat. Also they take your shoes away from you when you board. Personally I found going barefoot to be a lot more of a hazard than wearing shoes. If you have any sense you would wear suitable shoes with treads for such an outing anyway. I ended up stubbing my toe a couple of times.
The trip was rather rough and you will need to take Dramamine.
This company does not care anything about customer satisfaction. I would highly recommend looking for someone else to take you on a cruise. Now I don't know if I'll ever get to see the NaPali coast. ( Maybe I'll have to go on a big cruise ship, helicopters are not for me. )

Arcadia California
“Great Time (Awesome Crew)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

We just spent a week in kauai fam of 4.
Went on the holo holo sunset cruise the week of march 20 2010 it was awesome, a little cold for this time of year. We saw lots of whales, great crew, good food. lots of fun ... Will recommend ...mahalo