Was there with another family for several days. Stayed in the Lagoon Tower. I'd recommend you ask for that tower to shorten your walk across this vast property. The pool nearby the Lagoon tower is also the best on the property - large, near water features and restaurants, and easy to get a chair or Casabella cabana.
A few strange things in our experience - we were two larger parties (6 and 4). When checking in, we were told by the front desk clerk that they couldn't guarantee room bed types, so we had to fit 6 people into a room with a "king" (really an oversized queen) and a second room with two doubles. We specifically had asked for two rooms with doubles. Our other party of 4 had to make due with a "king" room only. So they had to drag a rollaway bed in and use the pullout chair bed in the room. Not exactly what you'd want when you travel thousands of miles to get here. Still astounded at the "we don't guarantee bed types" comment from a resort clearly designed for families -aka larger parties.
The statues on the property are out of place - to say the least. They are centered around Asian cultures sigh as China, Japan, and even Thailand. They do cater to alot of Asians here, but wouldn't traditional Hawaiian cultural statues make alot more sense? I think it took away from the feel of the property and became the brunt of our jokes while there - particularly the camels under the waterfalls, the rhino near the orchid marketplace, and the deer in the bushes near the slides at the Lagoon pool. Really? None of them have anything to do with Hawaii. . .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikoloa Village is located within the Waikoloa Beach Resort area on the sunny Kohala Coast on Hawaii's Big Island - just 18 miles from the Kona International Airport. It is a unique 62 acre oceanfront resort with trams and canal boats transporting you throughout the resort. Enjoy a serene snorkeling lagoon, interactive dolphin encounters, spectacular pools with waterslides, the Kohala Spa, exciting shopping and dining, and golf at one of two championship golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Waikoloa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hawaii Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Village Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort