Stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa Village in December for a conference. As I was there for work, didn't have time or need to leave the property, however, if you are planning on staying there...a car is handy, as you have to drive to see anything outside the resort.
The resort is very large...you will get plenty of walking in...there is a tram and also the water taxi, so you do not always have to walk, however, be prepared to.
There isn't a beach you can walk on, so it was pool side when possible. Lovely pool not too far from our room and also lovely to swin in the lagoon with fish and turtles.
Breakfast was delish, but very expensive at $30 a person for buffet. We also ate at Kamuela Provision Company - KPC twice, as they had the best oysters I have ever eaten in my life! However, it is also expensive...We also enjoyed a lovely burgher at the Lagoon Grill while watching the dolphins.
Our room was large, clean and modern - looking right over the Dolphin lagoon.
The only thing that might be a complaint, and you will prob see this from everyone - are the birds. They squawk at dawn and dusk...and are nesting in the trees just outside the rooms. And boy are they loud. We actually found it quite funny, but I can see how someone that is a light sleeper would find this a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikoloa Village is located within the Waikoloa Beach Resort area on the sunny Kohala Coast on Hawaii's Big Island - just 18 miles from the Kona International Airport. It is a unique 62 acre oceanfront resort with trams and canal boats transporting you throughout the resort. Enjoy a serene snorkeling lagoon, interactive dolphin encounters, spectacular pools with waterslides, the Kohala Spa, exciting shopping and dining, and golf at one of two championship golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Waikoloa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hawaii Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Village Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort