I just returned from a 7 day stay at the Bay Club, part of the Hilton Grand Vacation Club (HGVC) at Waikoloa on the Big Island of Hawaii. The Bay Club looks to be the first phase of the HGVC that was built a few years back. There are newer units that have been built and you can definately tell the difference on outside appearance of the units. Don’t get me wrong, the HGVC is a very nice resort destination, but the older units are starting to show wear and tear compared to the new units built right next door.
I arrived at the main HGVC building by accident and had to ask if that was where you check in for the Bay Club, as there were no signs on the streets pointing to CHECK IN. The check-in process was fairly easy, as I was a guest of my parents (the owners), and all I had to do was say my name and give a credit card for deposit, and 5 dollars and some change for Hawaii hotel taxes. After receiving my key I got back in my rental car and head over to the building.
The condo we had was 2 bedroom on the 3rd floor, overlooking the 17th green on the Beach Course, and we could see the ocean in the distance on the wrap around patio. The condo was very well equipped for the week long stay, with maid service scheduled to be provided once during the week. The kitchen had everything we needed to prepare all meals although it seems the kitchen could use some updating as the cabinets seemed a bit worn and used heavily. The main TV in the family room had a DVD player, there was also a stereo in that room. The master bedroom had lots of room to move around, comfortable bed, with the only downside being it also seemed like the dresser furniture could use some upgrading.
The 2nd bedroom was much smaller than the master but had its own full bath. Both bathrooms were in serious need of an update to the faucet, sinks, and shower fixtures, as they are showing their age.
I loved the wrap around patio that had a table with 4 chairs and 3 lounge chairs…great for napping in the afternoon tropical breezes….
The HGVC had several nice pools that we could use, several hot tubs, and several gas BBQ's for grilling…located in each building complex….Lots of towels at the pool areas, which you could take to the beach with you if you were going to one that day….and then just return them.
The only item I really disliked was the high pressure sales pitch the coincerrage/activity advisors would give you each time you asked them a question at various, always trying to sign me up for a timeshare overview….I declined upfront very fast.
The Bay Club is a 15-20 minute walk to the beach area at " A Bay", just south of the Hilton Waikoloa resort….I suggest going to Hapuna State Park north of Waikoloa resort area about 5 miles…….Enjoy….
- Also Known As:
- The Bay Club At Waikoloa Beach Hotel Waikoloa
- The Bay Club At Waikoloa Beach Hotel
- Bay Club Waikoloa Beach Resort
- Bay Club Waikoloa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort is a spectacular hotel on the Big Island of Hawaii and is designed to be an ideal Hawaiian haven in the heart of Waikoloa. Superbly situated adjacent to championship golf courses, the premier location of the Bay Club resort provides an unsurpassed vacation setting. Hawaii visitors staying at the Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort will enjoy spacious one- and two-bedroom suites which incorporate a casually elegant tropical style and feature a superb variety of upscale amenities and furnishings. The suites offer all of the convenience of home including separate living and dining areas, a fully-equipped kitchen, washer and dryer and private lanai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.