“Good food but fails elsewhere” 3 of 5 stars

(808) 339-7145
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Three Fat Pigs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 58 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Waikoloa Beach Drive
Transit: There are shuttle buses that stop by often to transport guest to the Hotels located in the Resort area as well as other Hotels along the coast. Taxi cabs are available as well.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good food but fails elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Food was very good but the restairant temperature was really cold. It felt like it was in the 60's. The server was very odd. He would approach the table without speaking and then wait for us to look up. Very odd

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hawaii
“Gotta go and see for yourself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I read the reviews about this restaurant and I am shocked why anyone wouldn't give this place more than four stars. This is not a place for people who want a quick fix for a fast meal. This is a place for people who enjoy flavors, ambiance and a dining experience. We started out with the clams.....OMG....lemongrass and miso broth...what a flavorable combination. The ribeye steak with the bleu cheese topping was cooked perfectly. The server was very attentive and the crafted beer and wine choices added more to the dining experience. We sat at the waterfront outside patio and the setting was superb. If I didn't go with my gut feeling to try this place, I would have certainly missed out on one of the better restaurants on the Big Island. This placed is valued correctly from the food and flavors we received. The hostess was gracious and friendly, the kitchen staff greeted us on the way in, the server answered all of our questions and made suggestions.......what a great experience. I am glad I didn't pay attention to some of the bad reviews, I really would have missed out for sure......awesome experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Great service and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ate here for lunch right after we had been traveling for 12 hours. We were beat and dehydrated. They have these beautiful bottles of cold water on the table. . They sirloin burger was the best I've ever had! One of our favorite meals on the island!

Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Surprisingly bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband & I picked Three Fat Pigs for dinner based on its TA reviews, which are usually pretty accurate, so not sure if we just hit it on a bad night, ordered the wrong things, or ???. It certainly didn't help that our waiter was horrible, seemed to have very little interest in serving us. I ordered a cocktail, which came rather promptly. My husband ordered a draught beer, which, 10 minutes after my cocktail had come, still wasn't delivered, and with no explanation from the waiter. He came to take our food order and my husband had to ask about his beer, and the waiter said, "Oh, I forgot to tell you, we're out of that beer!" Anyway, he finally got a different beer, we had an ok appetizer, and once the entrees came, we had to ask for more silverware, which again, our waiter never brought. We finally flagged down another waitress who brought us forks and knives, and when our waiter, half an hour later, came back to ask how the food was, we said it was much better after we got silverware. He was totally unapologetic. Anyway, both our entrees were disappointing. I got the baby back ribs, they were lukewarm and pretty greasy. We didn't even bother with dessert. The setting on the lake is nice, with a good outdoor patio. It's expensive, even for Hawaii, especially given the service and food. Would not go back, would not recommend.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
lake oswego
“Ok for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went here for lunch. They seemed really disorganized with the order and the bill. I got a BLT which was fine, and my husband got the pork belly sandwich which is literally pork belly fat. Would not return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere