“Good food, beautiful atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian, Eclectic, Pacific Rim
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Lava Lava Beach Club is brought to you by the same people who bring you Huggo's oceanfront restaurant in Kailua-Kona , On The Rocks, a casual beach bar in Kailua-Kona, Paradise Gourmet Catering, the Big Island leader in custom events and weddings and Grass Shack Parties & Rentals, the go-to source for all local style affordable parties.
staten island
“Good food, beautiful atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I went to Lava Lava Beach Club after searching for restaurants with good views on TripAdvisor. It is a bit off the beaten path to find, but I am glad that we did. The sunset view over the ocean was breathtaking. The drinks were very well made. I had coconut crusted mahi-mahi. It was good, but a bit dry. My husband had the burger which he claimed to be very good. They also had a singer and a hula girl which added to the ambiance.All in all, a nice place to go with decent food to witness the beautiful sunset.

Visited July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Columbus, Ohio
“You're paying for the view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Positives: The view really is outstanding. It's hard not to enjoy food and drinks while gazing at the sun setting over the Pacific Ocean. The atmosphere is casual and beachy.
Negatives: Neither my husband or I particularly enjoyed our meals. It was our least favorite during our entire trip to Hawaii. It was also very overpriced for what you're getting (I had a bowl of fried rice with a few pieces of shrimp on top for close to $30).
So if you're looking for a fun place to have a few drinks and watch the sunset, I would recommend. If you're looking for a good meal, I'd say skip it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Beachside dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife proclaims this as her best meal in Hawaii. She had the steak and it was large and cooked to perfection. I had a very enjoyable seafood dish. We were entertained by a Hula dancer. The waitstaff was courteous, despite being very busy. We stayed to enjoy some drinks in the beach chairs. Waikoloa's best dinner option.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Even the view can't save it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

First, the view - truly outstanding. The sunset is spectacular.
Unfortunately that is the only reason to even think of going here. The food is average and extremely over-priced. Be prepared to pay maximum coin for food you can get at any chain of family restaurants.
Sadly, it was also some of the worst service I have ever experienced.

Bottom line - save yourself the frustration and watch the sunset from the public beach.

Visited June 2014
Naperville, Illinois
“Great view but overpriced average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went here with my wife and two friends. Not too busy at the time so got a great table. Most of the seating is right on the beach. The view is outstanding with a fine ocean breeze. Sunset here was the best we saw on our stay. Our server was friendly and nice. Food was good but my steak was overdone. My wife really enjoyed her fresh fish. Cost of the food was definitely higher than elsewhere we ate and that's the reason this didn't rate 4 stars. Glad we did it though because of its location and view.