“Beautiful Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club

You added Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club to your Saves list
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   69-699 Waikoloa Beach Drive, Waikoloa, Island of Hawaii, HI   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Waikoloa
Wheaton, Illinois
“Beautiful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Kings Land in February with our 3 yo daughter and my husband's parents. We were in a 2 bedroom suite that was really beautifully done. I had requested a top floor unit because I don't like to hear people walking around above me and was initially disappointed at check-in to find that we were in a 1st floor unit. However, it ended up being perfect. We were able to open our patio door and my daughter could run around and play in the grass right outside our room. We didn't end up using the grills, but it would have been more convenient from a 1st floor room as well. Even though we know someone was staying above us, we never did hear any noise, so that ended up not being a problem for us at all. Everyone we encountered was very friendly - on par with some of the 5 star properties where we've stayed. They all seemed to really enjoy working there, which I hope is the case. The pool at Kings Land was fantastic. My daughter loved the children's area with the smaller waterslide, although we found the floor of that pool to be rough on our feet. I had read some complaints that the pool temperature was too cold. It took just a little getting used to, but not much, and once we were in we were fine. Maybe someone at Kings Land read some of the same reviews and turned up the heat, if it is heated. The beaches nearby were really enjoyable, and visiting in the winter is always great for whale watching. Although we never utilized any of the pools at the Hilton resort, it was fun to explore the property for a couple of hours. It's quite an impressive place, although I would much rather stay where we were. You can't beat the convenience of having a kitchen and washer and dryer when traveling with a little one. We did sit through the sales pitch, and it was fine and low pressure.

We went to dinner one night at the Four Seasons, which is probably my favorite hotel brand. I was worried that I would be sad to leave there and head back to the Hilton. The dinner was excellent at Beach Tree, and the property is gorgeous, but I wasn't disappointed to head back to our lovely room at Kings Land. It was that nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

we had a fantabulous time at this property - very relaxing. Variety of things to do, serenity pool, adult pool, kid's pool with a beach - water volleyball, basketball. Each day there was a variety of activities from lei making, yoga, hula show. They provided a breakfast buffet or you can cook in your own unit - fully equipped with full size refrigerator, oven, microwave. Beds were comfy and rooms were very clean! we did not have any issues with not having a utensil that we needed during our stay! We ate in a lot to save $$$ --- Shuttle service (free) provided to get around the beach town for shopping, etc.
No complaints - can't wait to go back !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The suites are great. The Thursday hula show is first class and free! The happy hour is nice and family friendly.
The pools are lovely and appointed with nice furniture. The family pool is separated from an adult pool and there is also a nice sand bottom pool for small children which is amazing. The special rates for guests at the Waikoloa Ocean and Championship courses are fabulous rates, but you need to ask and book through the concierge. Great activities for families on property and nearby. Don't miss "A" bay or a sunset at Lava Lava near by.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to a pool, request that; otherwise there are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a great full service resort. I am very happy with Hilton timeshares. All the staff is friendly and helpful. There is no sales pressure. We had a 2 bedroom , 2 bath unit for 4 people. The unit is equipped for 6, but would be crowded with 6 adults.
Everything was comfortable but the living room couch was a little small if 4 people wanted to sit and watch Tv, it would feel crowded. The kitchen and unit are well stocked and if you run out of anything, the staff will bring you more. It's a real plus that there are washers and dryers in the units.
My only complaint is that the bar and snack bar, bistro, etc all close up at 6:00 PM. There is no where on the property to get a drink or meal after 6:00 PM. This is a significant drawback . The pools are open until 10:00 PM, but if you want a drink , you will need to bring your own to sit around the fire pit or pool. They say it's because they are located in a residential zoned area so they are not licensed for food or drink past 6:00. There are plenty of restaurants at the nearby Hilton hotel and they do provide free shuttle service to the hotel, other Hilton resorts and nearby shopping. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you stay in one of the newer buildings, 21 or 22 and you are on the ground floor, be sure to ask...
Princeton, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I had planned 2+ week trip to Big Island of Hawaii with first night near Volcanoes Nat'l Park before settling in at Kings Land. Flight from mainland had 2 lightning strikes on right wing so we had to spend extra 6 hours going back to get a different plane before making it late in day to Big Island. This kept us from getting to Nat'l Park area of island and required finding last minute lodging in Kona area. We took a chance that Hilton staff at Kings Land could find us a room and not only were they able to but they secured same unit we would be using for 2 week stay. They are very busy resort, very likely not to be able to do so well in accomodating unusual requests like this. But they did great! Overall my wife and I have found Hilton staff at the HGVC resorts and the hotels in the chain to be very competent. They know how to provide excellent customer service. It says a lot about corporate identity and training competence.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding Kings’ Land. I’m very happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you prior to your actual reservation. We do make every effort to assist our guests, especially since things don’t always go as planned!

Wilbert Lee, Resort Manager
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I really can't say enough good things about our experience. The room was beautiful and the staff really went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. To give just one example, on one occasion, I missed a resort shuttle because (as I later found out) I was standing at the wrong place to catch it. I called the resort and they (without me asking) sent a van just for our family to go back to the resort.

San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We spent one week in a 2 bedroom condo - Building 21 - 3rd floor. We had a nice view to the golf course - could watch the goats run and play. The ease of using the bbq area was great - unfortunately the wind was a bit difficult to contend with while we were there. Our condo was sufficiently stocked - we did a lot of cooking and I had all the utensils necessary. I brought plastic wrap, food bags, aluminium foil, etc with me which was helpful. Washer and dryer was very nice and not too loud. Decor in the condos was very nice and comfortable. Great choice of channels on the television. Internet worked great. Location was convenient to the main pool area/lobby. We did not use the restaurants as we prepared most meals in our condo or went out to restaurants. You are not close to the beach and may just barely have a tiny view of the ocean - golf course views are quite nice though. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: It appeared in our building that all one bedroom condos faced the parking lot while two bedrooms fac...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club? Share your experiences!