“Provided specialized service - thank you!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 56 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American, Italian
Fox Island, Washington
“Provided specialized service - thank you!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have an allergy to both sulfites and msg, that at times can make it challenging to eat out in a restaurant. Our waitress was wonderful in checking with the chef what I could and could not have on the menu. The chef ended up preparing the fish in a specialized way so I would not have msg or sulfites in my meal. It was delicious and I appreciate the extra effort!

Visited November 2013

Vernon, Canada
“In and out in 20 min”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Food was ok, but we ordered appy's that came so fast and them our meals came instantly afterward. It is nice to have prompt, hot food but literally we were done in 20 minutes. Go to Lava Lava Beach club for a better atmosphere and food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, not service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Living on The Big Island, we don't normally experience the many chain restaraunts that abound on the mainland. We enjoy the different food choices that Macaroni Grill offers although the menu does not offer a large amount of choices of Italian food like veal, lamb and other pastas. We went on a Mon. at around 7PM and saw many guests sitting in waiting area eventhough the restaraunt was barely half occupied. So we sat at a table in the bar area. Seems like they are terribly understaffed, servers rushing around,(one bumped into me as I was helping my partner into her seat.) The bartender had to wait not only on the bar folks but all the tables in the same area. She seemed understandably overstressed and tired, we were made to feel that anything we asked for was met with an attitude of being put out and we were the cause of her stress. Unfortunately our dining experience was therefore very disappointing. I was further suprised by not seeing a supervisor/manager on the premises to help where needed.

With so many other dining choices around, I would recommend to all my friends, residents and visitors alike to patronize other places that provide better service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant was open late, so was one of the only choices we had one night. The portions were big, which was a pleasant surprise. The food was just so, so. The staff was alright, we found that they were more attentive to the older crowd...perhaps because they thought they tip better. Not sure if we would return to this restaurant or not.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rancho Mirage, California
“Really good food at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Was in Waikoloa for vacation, we were looking to have a cheap meal after some last minute shoppings. There was Macaroni Grill. Let me say, our server was the prettiest girl I'd seen in a while. So sweet and smart. If you go, Emily, ask for Emily. We both started with a glass of wine, nothing fancy just good wine at a decent price. About $7 a glass. I started with the blue and bibb salad. I don't know what they do to the soil in Hawaii, but vegetables just are so good over there. It was delicious. For dinner I had the Lasagna al Forno and my partner had the Mushroom Ravioli. Both were delicious. For a chain restaurant, they have learned how to do it up right.

• Visited September 2013