“Dolphin” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dolphin Quest

Dolphin Quest
425 Waikoloa Beach Dr, at Hilton Waikoloa Village, Waikoloa, Island of Hawaii, HI 96738
+1 808-886-2875
Ranked #2 of 5 Attractions in Waikoloa
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Quest Hawaii, located at the spectacular Hilton Waikoloa Village, brings people and dolphins closer than ever in fun, interactive dolphin encounter programs for all ages. This unique experience is on-of-a-kind on Hawaii's Big Island and is great for kids, adults or the entire family! Reservations can be made a year in advance. Dolphin Quest's Learning Center Lagoon, opened in 1988, was the first of its kind and inspired a new generation of large, natural habitats for marine mammals. A portion of the proceeds from your Dolphin Quest encounter program supports vital marine education, conservation and research.
Knoxville, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
“Dolphin”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The kids enjoyed it to some extent. They were in the water with the dolphins, they got to pat the dolphins and have their picture taken. There was no actual swimming with the dolphins and even the kids said it wasn't worth the money.

Visited March 2013

“Trainer for a day- An amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I did the trainer for a day experience at dolphin quest. I was paired with a trainer and got to spent 5 and a half hours with her and the dolphins. She was very kind, very knowledge, and just all around great! During the program, I did the classic 30-40 minutes in the water with the dolphins with the trainer. I also helped prepare the dolphins vitamins and got to watch the trainers do their daily routine with the dolphins. I helped train, play, and just hang out with the dolphins! I also got to eat lunch with the trainer during the day too. This was an amazing experience with an amazing trainer and I would love to do it again! Dolphin quest is the thing to do!

Visited August 2013
Mission Viejo, California
22 attraction reviews
“Do Not Expect to "Swim" With Dolphins”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our family of four shelled out over $1,000 to swim with the dolphins. There is absolutely no swimming with dolphins. You get to touch/pet the dolphins and watch them swim. My 8 and 10 year old had a great time but I really wished that my husband and I had saved $520 and just taken pictures of our kids doing this. It was fun but not even close to being worth a grand for 45 minutes. Take a 4 hour snorkeling excursion to Captain Cooks for half the price - that is definitely worth it!

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Loved the Dolphin Quest, we did the SeaQuest experience with the Lagoon snorkel. We had a great time, and had about 30-40 minutes with the dolphins in a small group of 3 of us, my husband and I and another gentleman. The space for the dolphins is very small, although they do look after them, just a shame to see them in such little space. I felt the parking charge at the hotel should have been free to Dolphin Quest visitors, and the charges for the Photographs/DVD are very expensive

Visited May 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Do not waster your money on this experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was so excited to do my first Dolphin experience, but left this place completely disappointed!!! Do not spend the money on this! This is more like a meet and greet with the Dolphins. You get to watch them underwater with your goggles, occassional touch them, then have your picture taken with them (only to be charged exorbedent amounts to purchase them). Wait and do a more interactive swim at another location. For the price of this excursion you should have received a "fin swim", "foot push" and more one on one time with the Dolphins!! I would not recommend forking over the $260 for this in no uncertain terms!! Ripoff!

Visited September 2012