“Not quite what I thought it would be” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 56 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
Bartlett, Illinois
“Not quite what I thought it would be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I think I thought this would be more of a taking a cooked the pig out of the ground on the beach at sunset type of experience. So I didn't feel like it was an "authentic" luau experience. However, the food was very good and the drinks kept coming. The staff was also very friendly.

Visited September 2013

Sydney
“Lovely show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Included in the hotel package (aside from paying for kids) I can't say I'd have thought it was great value if I'd have paid full price, but as it was, we enjoyed this experience. Food was good and plentiful; there was a kids' buffet which our kids were not interested in as of course it's just your usual chips and nuggets rubbish, but noone complained when they hit the main buffet. The show was really lovely, the cocktails were good, and it was a beautiful relaxing way to spend a night!

Visited September 2013
Fort Salonga, NY
“If you never attended one, it worth going”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The pig was over done, but its great Hawaiian music and dancing. Its limited, but as long as you are not expecting 25 Hawaiians dancing at once, is enjoyable.

Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“It was a Luau.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have been to Hawaii twice, both times when I was 17 and under. And both times I have attended Luaus, and I just felt like this Luau fell short on the food and entertainment. We did receive the Ali'i seating which served unlimited alcohol which was worth the value. My husband had 7 glasses of wine and I had 5 drinks myself which equates to $10+ a drink or so, therefore we had our value there. However, the entertainment could of been longer with more history of Hawaii, and involved the customers more. The pig roast was presented but it should of been a bigger production. I have been to Luaus where they show you the digging the pig out of the pit right in front of you. Overall, average for the price but I would of like more food options and better entertainment.

Visited August 2013
Oakville, Canada
“Poor experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Very pricey. More of a dinner show and not a true luau. How can you have a luau without leis?? The performers didn't seem into it and the emcee can't sing. The wait staff kept forgetting our drink orders.

• Visited August 2013