Even if you decide not to stay here, it's worth having a private tour into the lava tube by Danny while you're in the Volcano area... It's a tour within itself and such a treasure to have in their own property!
Staying at the Aloha Volcano Crater Lodge was such a unique & intimate experience! I Loved my bedroom upstairs, it was so big, yet cozy and decorated warmly... My favorite part (besides having the adventure in the lava tube) was taking a long bubble bath in the jet tub in the privacy of my own room after hiking and driving all day.
Danny and Shannon make your stay very comfortable and aim to please.
They have a big jacuzzi tub in the backyard, a tree house and three adorably friendly dogs that would come running to greet me every time I arrived.
The breakfast is more than enough to get you full for the whole day... Fresh Kona coffee and pineapple juice, fruit, yogurt, milk, granola cereal, etc.
The setting is in a lush green rainforest with NO bugs, bats, or creepy crawlers... Just birds and an occasional rainfall ;-)
I rate my experience 4 stars because:
1- This will be the ONLY B&B you find with its own Lava Tube, lol... The tour is FREE with your paid stay, or you can book it aside for an investment of $25- totally worth it!
2- You also have room and price options, including the ability to camp out in the back if you are looking for a more inexpensive option!
3- There is a tree house (fun for kids)
4- The owners live on site, are always available and very friendly.
5- Bed is super comfy, rooms are clean, breakfast is plentiful.
6- Private Jet tub in your room, or go to the backyard jacuzzi day or night!
Thank you, enjoy your stay, and hope this review helps :-)))
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Hawaiian fern forest at the edge of kazumura cave and crater, Aloha Crater Lodge welcomes you. Located next to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Our rooms are designed with your privacy in mind. Every room has private entrance and bath. An outdoor hot tub is situated in the heart of an ohia tree and fern forest. Kazumura cave is a treasure to behold. Breathe in the beauty and majesty of days of old when lava created this incredible sight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aloha Crater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloha Crater Hotel Volcano
- Aloha Crater Lodge Volcano, Hawaii