My husband and I stayed in this little piece of paradise for one night in the middle of our 10 day honeymoon. It was exactly what we needed! During our trip, we stayed for 5 nights on the Big Island and mostly remained on the western shore. However, we really wanted to see the lava at night, so we planned to stay one night in Volcano. It actually turned out that the week we were there, there had been several small tremors which shifted the plates and temporarily stopped the flow of lava, so in the end we didn't get to see the lava at night. However, it was just as well since we got to really relax and enjoy lodge, and now we look back at our stay as one of the highlights of our trip.
First, Kay was so incredibly welcoming! When we arrived, she took the time to show us our room and all its ammenities. She explained what was currently happening in the park and was very helpful since part of it was shut down due to the tremors. We stayed in the Kilauea Lodge which was amazing! Waking up surrounded by rainforest on all sides was a wonderful experience. There was plenty of food to provide a snack in the evening after we got back from the park and a good breakfast. Everything we could think of to need was there and then some. I especially enjoyed the heated towel rack. :-) Kay encouraged us to sleep in and relax (our breakfast was already in the room for whenever we wanted it) and "take a vacation from our vacation" which was exactly what we needed. After breakfast, we spent a leisurely morning exploring all the wonderful grounds, and left ready to take on our next island!
So, trust us...if you plan to see the lava one night, take Kay's advice and stay at least two nights at the lodge to fully take advantage of everything. We definitely plan on coming back one day!
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Village Hotel
- Volcano Village Hotel Volcano
- Volcano Village Lodge Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heaven on Earth. Welcome to the paradox of fire and tranquility. We created the Hawaii Volcano Village Lodge for people who want more out of life than a whirlwind tour of the island. Located just a mile from the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, our lodges and retreat are where you will wake up in peace and beauty. Stroll through the sacred rainforest and rest in your deluxe lodge with every comfort, including the plushest bedding, a fireplace, DVD, CD, private telephone, wireless connection, tropical breakfasts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Volcano Village Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.