“Decent but average Thai food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Westchester, New York, United States
“Decent but average Thai food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We ate at Thai Thai one night while staying in Volcano Village. The restaurant choices in the village are very limited and since both my husband and I like Thai food we decided to give it a try. The food was adequate. Not great but o.k. I had the salmon thai chu chi, and my husband had the green curry with chicken. The service was good and we were seated right away but we both felt that it was pretty expensive for food that was just average.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Wisconsin
“Good Thai food right in the Village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We went for lunch. the service was adequate, maybe a little slow as the place got busier. the menu was fairly extensive. I liked the green curry; ordered medium and it had a nice spice. Pad Thai was also good.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Enjoyed our Thai meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

We arrived just before 7pm on a Friday night. We usually eat earlier and were worried we might have a long wait. We were seated immediately and served promptly. The spring rolls were very good and the sauce was delicious. I ordered the green curry. I realized I didn't specify how spicy I wanted it, so I assumed they'd make it mild (I usually order spicy). It had enough spice for me...I may order medium spicy next time...but ordering spicy or Thai spicy would be intense for most people. I thought the green curry was very flavorful. I always stir in some jasmine rice and that makes it enough food to more than fill you up. My husband ordered the massaman curry and said it was good. Overall I'd say the service was efficient and pleasant, if subdued. The atmosphere is nothing to write home about but that's ok with us. The food we ordered was very good and a very reasonable portion size. I will go back next time we're in volcano.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Very good Thai food, but a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We had a very good meal at Thai Thai, with my husband even calling it the best Thai food he had ever had. The service was friendly and efficient, but we felt that the prices were a little high even by Hawaii standards. That being said, it is probably the best dinner option in Volcano.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, TX
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and I ate here after a day in Volcanoes National Park. The food was very tasty and the portions were large. My husband had a huge bowl of chicken and rice soup and I had the thai basil chicken. We were very satisfied with our meal. Added bonus: a fantastic everything but the kitchen sink gift shop is attached to the restaurant. A perfect place for your Hawaiian souvenirs.

• 4 of 5 stars Food