“Don't waste ur time” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 12 Restaurants in Volcano
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Delicatessen, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Milton, Washington
“Don't waste ur time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We stood at the front waiting to be seated forever, employees were not pleasant at all, acted like we were inconveniencing them, and the food wasn't very good.

Albany, New York
“Volcano Lava Rock Cafe”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Trip Advisor is showing the photo of Volcano's Lava Rock Cafe. But it is the 18th hole of Volcano Golf and Country Club. Someone used the webcam image of Volcano Golf and Country Club and placed it as Lava Rock Cafe. This is totally wrong. I advise the editor to delete the photo.

Thank you.

Visited September 2013
San Jose, California
“Met my expectations for Okey breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I want to preface my review with the note that it might be very difficult to be in a restaurant business in such a remote spot as Volcano Village on a Big Island. And this place does a pretty good job in feeding hungry tourists, opening early for breakfast and serving hearty food. In the absence of options this really has to be appreciated. Most people who stay overnight in the village are probably staying in "Bed and Breakfast" type of accommodations and don't have to worry about breakfast. But we needed to go out. Menu for breakfast includes a variety of omelets. I cautiously ordered the most plain version of the omelet. It was a little bit too greasy but at the same time kept me full for a long time. My husband was happy with his omelet version that included everything. I recommend this place for those who are not paranoid about healthy/organic/fancy food. If you are such type - don't go there, eat your granola at home.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manama, Bahrain
“Good Cafe Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I ate at another local sandwich place and this was like five stars compared to that.

We ate both lunch and dinner here because the menu had something for everyone. Plus it was different in the evening than the morning. They have a small bar with local beer on tap. Gas pumps in front. And a nice gift shop selling all sorts of local things next door.

Visited August 2013
El Cajon, California
“Small place w/ good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went here for lunch with friends. They had a variety of foods. Some Hawaiian style plate lunches as well as burgers and fries and various other items that many different tastes would enjoy. The staff were friendly and the service was excellent. My friends ordered cheeseburgers with fries. The burgers looked really good with a hearty helping of fries. All came with lettuce, tomato, onion and a dill pickle spear. I went for the Teriyaki chicken plate with rice and a mac/potato salad. The macaroni and potato salad is mixed together and there were some peas in it as well. It was okay, but I think it needed a little sweet pickle relish. It was a bit bland for me. The desserts looked delicious, but we opted out this time. We will go back.

Visited September 2013