My family stayed one night at the charming B&B Aloha Junction this July. The B&B is approximately 2 miles from the entrance of Volcano National Park. Note there are very few lodging options or restaurants around the park. Robert who is the owner, was a good host and cooked a very good breakfast with ample food for everyone. Note he made Papaya boats, sausage and pancakes and had Juice, coffee and hot Cocoa. The B&B dinng room was authentically decorated and included some interesting items and had many travel books and maps. Also enjoyed Robert's perpestictive on the island including some good travel tips.
We stayed in the Pelee room and felt it was clean. Its not the most modern room, but definitely has a rustic feel with cedar walls and has a very comfortable homey atmospheree My kids were a litle cold at first and it felt a little damp. Note this B&B is located in an Alpine Rain Forest so the envrionment is wet and the temperature is colder than you would think for Hawaii. The little fireplace helped warm the room up and gave a cozy affect. I actually slept well here. I also enjoyed the Big Island travel literature and volcano books located in the room.
Also the entrance of the B&B has sun screen, bug spray and flashights and other stuff to borrow or use for your trip. The B&B is down a little side road and can be tricky to find, especially if you arrive at night, as there is not a lot of lighting around the entrance. The road is right by the Post Office and has a little sign. The dogs are friendly and maybe the Chiahaua was a litlle chirpy, and my daughter loved petting them.
This B&B is a very persoanl rustic gem and very fun if you like that type of atmosphere but may not be as good for the person who likes a more private and modern type hotel. I also felt the location was great and a timesaver for as I only had a few days to explore the Island. Also iis priced reasonably.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aloha Junction B&B is located in Volcano Village, just behind the Post Office where it is quiet and private. In this old plantation home you will not feel crowded in these spacious rooms reminiscent of the 1930's. Property is fenced and gated for privacy with plenty of free parking available too. Each room has it's own coffee maker, mini fridge and toaster, but you won't want to miss Uncle Robert's famous Papaya-boat and macadamia nut breakfasts. Guests are also welcome to use the kitchen at night if you want to stay home for your own cooked meal.While touring this "Drive-in" volcano, you definitely want to include some sunset time to see the glow from Kilauea. Well attended to pet's and children welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B and Booking.com so you can book your Aloha Junction Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloha Junction Hotel Volcano
- Aloha Junction b&b
- Aloha Junction Bed And Breakfast Volcano, Hawaii