For anyone looking to get away from it all - this place is it. We stayed in the Forest House - an octagonal cottage of our own with many windows so that you experienced the feel of being surrounded by rainforest. Skylights above the bed so that we could view the stars.
Beautiful touches to the room - detailing was amazing - from dinner plates and cutlery to beautiful artwork and keepsakes around the room. This place is wonderful for a romantic getaway or for a retreat away from it all.
Cool, rained a little bit each evening while we were there. Close to Volcano National Park. Half hour from Hilo and 2 hours from Kona.
See their website for great photos of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Volcano Rainforest Retreat lodging experience on the Big Island of Hawaii offers visitors a collection of distinct guest cottages, created with elegant simplicity in harmony and balance with the Hawaiian rain forest. Its sense of place imparts a seamless feeling of connection between inside and outside, the accommodations and nature. The rain forest lodgings are interconnected by intimate paths, which wind their way through the misty, mossy landscape. This Hawaii Volcano retreat offers a unique setting for romantics, artists, nature lovers and world travellers seeking refuge and intimate contact with the living volcanic earth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Volcano Rainforest Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Rainforest Retreat Hotel Volcano
- Volcano Rainforest Retreat Hawaii