My husband and I recently stayed in Cottage 44 for a few nights of our honeymoon and had a great time. The cottages are located extremely close to Volcanoes National Park, probably as close as you can get. If you are interested in spending time at the park and are looking for quiet and privacy, this is the place for you. First thing you notice is the beautiful grounds of the cottages. Green everywhere. Cottage 44, specifically, is lovely. It's perfect for a couple. The fireplace is fantastic and provides great ambience as well as much needed heat on those cool nights. The jacuzzi tub is another great feature of the cottage. You will receive fresh baked bread, fruit and juice every afternoon for breakfast the next morning which is another great touch. The cottage has a small refrigerator and some kitchen dishes and utensils, which is nice to store some food, as restaurants are scarce. Hilo is not too far, and you can find plenty of stores and restaurants there. I also recommend driving to Hilo as it's a really nice little town on the water. But don't stop at Hilo, keep driving north through the rain forest, it's beautiful.
Hale Ohia is extremely convenient for anyone interested in spending some time at the park. It's also just a cute, quiet and relaxing place to get away from it all. My husband and I are already planning our next trip to the Big Island and Hale Ohia will be where we stay, no doubt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Volcano Hawaii vacation retreat offering an intimate destination at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hale Ohia Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Ohia Cottages Hotel Volcano
- Hale Ohia Cottages Volcano, Hawaii