Our family reunion was a huge success, with kudos going to Suzy and Gary for making it the perfect family gathering. Last year I had a fantastic stay at Bamboo Orchid Cottage Wild Ginger Suite in late September and discussed the possibility with Suzy of a family reunion. Suzy showed me Volcano Tree House and it was love at first site. It took me back to when I was much younger and saw Walt Disney’s Swiss Family Robinson movie…”Let the adventures begin”…I remembered thinking to myself. Well this early August it became a reality.
Everything was perfect: We rented Tree Top, Pacific Island and Cedar Cottage. My husband and I stayed in Pacific Island with full a kitchen. What a great venue on the second level. Gary called the common area on the second story …”The Man Pit” I didn’t under stand the term, at first. Wow! We couldn’t have picked a better spot. With a Stainless Steel 4 burner gas grill, gas fire pit and gas heaters for the cooler evenings, this is where all are men gathered. It was a few feet from our Pacific Island kitchen and most our diners we enjoyed outside. An amazing attention to detail: cloth napkins, china dinnerware, all the necessary cooking supplies. What really surprised us ….no bugs. I guess being around 4000 ft. elevation helped and the weather was the best!!!
Gary had a great breakfast at Bamboo Orchid Cottage every morning around 8 a.m., which we walked the little trail at the back of Volcano Tree House to Bamboo Cottage. The Yellow Ginger was in bloom and so fragrant…like a good dream…well like Swiss Family Robinsons adventures in any event. Thank you and Mahalo Suzy for the “Perfect Family Reunion” We will all hold this in our memories and hearts as the best trip ever.
The guys loved golf close by and the "Man Pit"...the wives loved the "Man Pit" too
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out your window and see giant tree ferns (hapu'u) greeting your arrival, just inches from your eyes. Volcano Tree House was built among the trees to preserve Hawaii's spectacular native rainforest. Reach out and touch ohia trees from your deck as you listen to native songbirds. This is the place to come to get away from it all and reconnect with nature and your inner spirit. Choose from two studios and one suite, all with private entrances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Guest Cottages at Volcano Tree House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guest Cottages At Volcano Tree House Hotel Volcano
- Guest Cottages At Volcano Tree House Hawaii