“Good food, local cafe” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 28 Restaurants in Pahoa
Poole, United Kingdom
“Good food, local cafe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We dropped in here for breakfast one morning. The food was good, well priced and the portion sizes were generous. It is a basic cafe, if you're looking for something special, you won't find it here. If you want a good plate of food to start off the day, then definitely drop in.

Visited April 2013

Mountain View, Hawaii
“Nice local place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Nothing to rave about. The food quality is average, you can certainly do worse. Location is decent, and I would go back again. Just not enough about it to say anything outstanding, though.

Visited December 2012
Bowdle, sd
“Skip this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is my first "bad" review I am ever writing, but I feel I need to write it. When we first got there, accidentially went into the bar area, no biggie, but wasn't marked very well as to where the cafe was and where the bar area was. I asked how if the seafood platter was big enough for my Husband and I to share (for our evening meal) waiter was very pleasant and said it was huge. After he took our order, my Husband went to wash his hands, while he was gone at least 4 (if not more) guys from the bar walked through the dining area to use the restroom, I was beginning to wonder how big the restrooms were! When my Husband came back he said he didn't see that many guys, so I thought, ok, I then went back to the LADIES restroom. It was locked so I waited my turn, well, a mangy guy came out from the LADIES restroom and said when he saw me, "Oh sorry, but at least I put the toilet seat down" The restroom was disgustingly dirty, I only (carefully) washed my hands. I told my Husband what had happened and he was disgusted. Our food came and it was VERY overcooked, it as all deep fried and to me, it all looked freezer burned, there were a couple of things we weren't even sure of what they were! While we were (trying) to eat there were at least 6 guys that walked through to use the restroom, very unappetizing!
Would NOT return to this cafe.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wilton, California
“Super choice for any meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It helps that it's across the street from our lodging, but the breakfast menu was ample and fairly priced. We looked at the lunch and dinner menus and plan to return. We both had "The basic": two eggs, 2 pieces of protein, and either 2 pieces of toast or hash brown/home fries. $5.50! Excellent deal. The eggs were cooked to perfection. Vern had the home fries and I chose toast. It was plenty for breakfast. My milk was $2.50, but it's imported, so that is what it is. The art in the cafe is awesome! really excellent works on display. There's also a bar attached and we heard Karaoke Wed. night.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“We come for the Biscuits & Gravy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great place for breakfast, while not earth-shaking, their food is always good, well prepared and service is friendly and attentive.
As mentioned in the title, we LOVE the biscuits and gravy!

Visited December 2012