“Island Paradise Inn Review 2/15-2/17” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Island Paradise Inn

Island Paradise Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pahoa
Island Paradise Inn
You added Island Paradise Inn to your Saves list
15-2869 Pahoa Village Rd, Pahoa, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720   |
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Island Paradise Inn Review 2/15-2/17”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed in the Aloha Sweet, very nice owners, also have a great pizza place too called Boogie Woogie Pizza in town. Anyhow, comfortable bed, shower, fridge, standard kitchen stuff, warm shower...next to a decent bar & restaurant..live music...at least on the weekend when I was there. We had cable..wifi, there was coffee in the morning as well next door..we really didn't need to leave after our day of playing @ Kapoho beach & going to parks, beaches etc...less than 20min to the ocean from Pahoa...all in all it was a great experience. If your playing down @ the ocean or hiking for lava flows, I definitely recommend staying @ the Island Paradise Inn in Pahoa..!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

On the day of our arrival, the owner's phone was disconnected. So we had to find her by asking people around in Pahoa and then go to a pizza place to talk to her. She was not surprised, may be a little disappointed - her phone got lost and she did not manage to call us herself. Not even a word about being sorry.
The room - atrium - was the most disgusting place we have ever staid at. The worst was the shower - the curtain was covered with black fungi half a way and the bath stank wet and boggy. Yes, I understand that Pahoa is at the wet side of Hawaii, but this is not as excuse to grow fungi by kilos.
The kitchen had a gas stove that was not connected to a gas. So we had to manage with an awkward electrical plate with no suitable pans or pots.
The couch in a room was super stained and smelly too. An ironing board was in a room, but no iron. No table either, so we had to eat with plates on our knees. The outdoor "dining area" was stuffed with full ashtrays, and the other one was constantly wet because of a rain.

The place is cleaned by a guy, the owner's son. During our stay, he never emptied the garbage bin outside the rooms, so all the garbage piled up and spilled around.

Amenities: there is NO so-very-much-advertised pool! the pool is across a street and a block down the road, belongs to the village's sport center or similar. No washing machine/dryer. A general advise - do not believe their pictures! The place might look like it appears of the pictures may be 25 years ago. Now half of the suits are stuffed with half-broken furniture. Some are just open, with a chair holding a door.

We could not stay at this place for the whole week payed ahead, so just left. No pain for the money, just for those days of vacation when I was afraid to make a step without my slippers and was washing my hands thousands of times per day.

Don't ruin your vacation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Compared to other places in Hawaii, this one is rather cheap and you get what you pay for. Upon our arrival, we first had to locate the owner by first finding her sister at a local pizza place, who then called her, and then waiting for over 20 minutes u tip she arrived. Due to a mixup by the owner, we had to switch rooms inbetween (no refund offered), so we actually stayed in two rooms. In the first room, sheets and towels were clean, everything else so-so. The furniture is pretty run down, the kitchenette had ants, and the front porch is best avoided as wild cats tend to use that as their bathroom. Amenities mentioned on the website such as use of the barbecue were not possible. In the second room, sheets had been washed but were stained (who knows with what), the carpet was beyond disgusting. That room just felt icky. We have stayed in many simple places before, but I'd prefer a Burmese hut or Bolivian mountain shack over this place anytime. Avoid if you can, at least for the time being: It seemed like the owner was planning some renovation, and this place in general does have potential for some (tacky) charm.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pahoa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Paradise Inn is affordable, friendly, and flexible. I have rented for one year to this day and i would definitely recommend the Island Paradise Inn to my family, friends, and to you. Thanks Ophelia!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
East Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed in a little cottage that had two bedrooms and its own kitchen and bathroom. It was clean and comfortable. The knicknacks are lots of fun and make it seem like home.The owner, Ophelia was lovely and easy to deal with, and as no one was coming in after me, she let me leave when I was ready.

It is one of the most reasonably priced places I have ever stayed at, and I will be definitely staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I am very pleased with the decision I made to stay here. I had appointments with a few business clients while in the area and having somewhere nearby and comfortable was a plus. I really hated to leave. Will definitely be doing this again & have already told a few friends about this place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Over the phone, I had inquired about rooms and wanted information.The person on the phone, Ophelia, had taken my wifes credit card information but I did not confirm I wanted the room. She told me she had no cancellation policy, so I told her I'd call back if I still wanted the room. I needed to check with my wife. Ophelia went ahead and put my wife's credit card through for $384 without me confirming I wanted the room.
Today she told me she had done this 3-4 days ago; however, when she called me yesterday to see if I was mad with her or the service because I didn't want the room, she never mentioned anything about putting the card through. It wasn't until she left a message for me to call her back that she told me she put the card through!
This kind of unethical practice cannot be allowed.
I'm hoping this will help someone.
Lesson learned- don't ever give credit card information out.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Island Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!