“Best Thai Food outside of Thailand” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Pahoa
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Pahoa, Hawaii
“Best Thai Food outside of Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is the most authentic and flavorful Thai food I have had outside of Thailand. Make a reservation, sometimes the wait for a table can be long. Bring your own alcohol but their Thai ice tea is excellent. Take out is every bit as good as eat in.

Visited January 2014

München
“Great fresh Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We liked the service and the food was excellent. Very fresh. We ordered all dishes medium spicy. The green papaya salad was fairly hot, the main dishes were not spicy at all. The good thing is, one can always add chili.

Visited March 2014
Wasilla, Alaska
“Good food on a smaller budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I don't think anyone goes to Ning's for the décor or atmosphere, but the food is quite good. I've traveled in Thailand a few times and the green curry I had at Ning's was very reminiscent of the native Thai cuisine I've had in Pattaya City. We started with the green papaya salad which was tasty and crunchy. My wife's dish was a chicken Pad See Ew which she enjoyed, as well. I also was pleasantly surprised by the not-too-sweet Thai Iced Tea with lemon. Prices are very reasonable for the Puna area of Hawaii, probably 10-20% less than similar places around Pahoa or Hilo. It is located just across from the Awa Bar in Pahoa, so with the open windows/doors the noise from across the street can be a little unpleasant. And as I mentioned, their décor is somewhat mismatched and haphazard, but very Thai, nonetheless. I would recommend a try when in the area.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Limone sul Garda, Italy
“Not sure is Thai food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner there.i'm allergic to coriander so I asked if in a particular curry I wanted there was some .the waitress(the only one) told me she didn't know what coriander was(??it's one basic ingredient of the Thai food!?!?).so she went to the kitchen and she sent a waiter who could'n understand English.then she played a drama in front of the kitchen shouting loud"I don't know what to do I don't know what she wants from me".i pretended not to have heard.she came back after 10 minutes and we ordered the red curry(apparently the only one without coriander),a ginger plate and roll springs as appetizers.the rolls never arrived.the food was not bad,prices are low ,fresh ingredienti but we asked for medium hot and it was not spicy at all .you have to order rice extra(funny I don't know any asiatic curry you can eat without rice).the waitress brought me the bill but we were not ready to leave !!we were never asked for a dessert.annoyed I ordered some eiscream(scarce)and she was really pissed off when I asked if it was home made(cit.lonely planet) so much that she left the table,smashed the tablet loud and never came back to us.she sent the cook or the other waiter!!never seen something like that.such a behavior as an employed is not acceptable and will ruin the restaurant .we left with a bad taste in our mouth and we regret not to have chosen the other Thai restaurant in pahoa.never again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Romeno, Italy
“Food acceptable, service horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The food it's good but nothing expecial. the service was rude and very touristy. eat quickly and get out quickly. But low-power ok.

Visited January 2014