“Superbe plongee / wonderful dive” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 20 Attractions in Kealakekua
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: ESPACE PLONGEE is an European dive center accredited PADI, CMAS, FFESSM, ANMP.We offer : - boat & shore dives - Introductory dive for children & Adults - Snorkeling Tour - Whales watching - Manta night dive - Manta night snorkelWe have a inflating station for regular air & NitroxYou can rent your scuba gear & your snorkel gearSMALL group for all activities
Dallas, Texas
“Superbe plongee / wonderful dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hello,

Thanks to Alain and Myriam to have led this dive among the manta rays. This is such an incredible animal and so hard to spot in normal time!!

Really enjoyed the dive, thanks again!
Yann

Visited January 2013

Rennes, France
“Amazing snorkeling!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We went snorkeling by night with the manta rays with Alain and Myriam, and it was an awesome experience!
Alain and Myriam are really nice guys! They took care of us from picking our equipment to diving and comfort us all the way!
Go for it with them, you won't regret it!

Visited January 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great dive shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Alain and Myriam run the shop and were great to work with. We rented tanks and weights for shore diving. They were happy to provide information on shore dives and compare sites. They were very helpful and even helped carry our tanks and weights to the car. We did the lava tubes and Manta ray dives with them from their boat. If you want a smaller dive operation that does not make you feel like you are on a cattle boat and gives you personal attention then we recommend Espace Plongee Deep Sea Diver.

Visited November 2012
timbuktu
“Outstanding Dive Operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

As an underwater photographer I often dive alone (I am certified by SDI to do that) and have found that typical operators are often less than accommodating - Not the case with Espace Plongee! Traveling with my own equipment, I was able to rent 2 tanks and weights which included daily fills which left me free to explore the local shore dives (2-step, Kee-i beach). It was a great arrangement and I would drop in daily to exchange my empty tanks for full ones.

I also dove with Alain for the "Manta Night Dive" which was spectacular. Alain and I were the only divers that night with my wife snorkeling on the surface above us (she is not a diver). It is an unbelievable experience which will be repeated at our next visit to Kona.

We also did a boat dive to Captain Cook and to the Amphitheater. Diving thru lava tubes is great! Espace Plongee uses an ex-Coast Guard RIB with an inboard diesel engine. It is a great dive platform and has the speed and range to get to much more remote dive sites. There were 2 divers on this trip + Alain and Myriam. My wife snorkeled while we dove.

Overall this didn't feel anything like a typical dive operation. It felt a lot more like going out diving with your buddies. Alain and Myriam are doing a great job and if you want a personal dive experience, I strongly recommend that you make the (short) trip to Kealakekua.

Visited October 2012
Dallas, OR
“Stay away from Touristy Shops! Dive Espace Plongee Deep Sea Diver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

It's way south side of Kona which is out of the way for Tourists. But, if you have a car, it's worth the dive. Very friendly owners, cheaper diving prices and they only allow a few divers per dive giving you more attention.
I did a shore dive for only $50. I had a blast and wish I had more time on the island to dive again. No worries, I'll hit em' up next time I'm in Hawaii.

Visited October 2012