“Probably won't eat there again...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Kealakekua
Cuisines: American, Café, Soups, Sandwiches
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: It's a one year old restaurant serving the best lunches on the Island of Hawaii. I review restaurants for a local web site, you can read my reviews of it at http://www.konaforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2341 This place certainly should be listed on TA!
Captain Cook, Hawaii
“Probably won't eat there again...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went there with my son and daughter and we wanted breakfast but were rudely told that "breakfast was over." The lady at the counter had no customer service skills whatsoever, and I wanted to leave before we even ordered but my son and daughter wanted to try the food. The taste of the food was about average and was not worth the money. I will not voluntarily eat there again.

Visited August 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Very tasty, very cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

There wasn't a review for the Rebel Kitchen in our guidebook, but we rolled the dice and won big!

The food was EXCELLENT. I got to try the jerk chicken sandwich and the BBQ chicken salad, both of which were hearty, filling and super tasty. Great choice if you're looking for healthy, locally sourced and/or vegetarian food. Good atmosphere, good vibe, good Latin Jazz-type music. If they had a place like this back home I'd be a regular for sure.

We went around 2:00 PM on a weekday and had the place to ourselves. This restaurant is in a rad row of shops in general, with ample parking, public restrooms, a thrift shop and the Donkey Balls factory! A great place to stop after a morning at Captain Cook's Monument or Kealakekua Bay.

Prices are very good for the portions and quality you get.

Cash only, so head across the street to the ATM before stopping by.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Food & Great Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This place,from the outside looks like a sandwhich shop (and from the inside). We walked in and I was worried about finding something for my Vegan diet, but my hubby and I were happy to see some good selections. There is one chef in the back and a girl in the front. I had the veggie salad which came in a HUGE plate and was a mountains worth of amazing salad greens with roasted corn, roasted egg plants, green peppers, onions and every other veggie you can think of. It was only $8. My husband had a huge sized sandwhich which he loved, and again for just about $8.

This location is really wonderful and a definite "stop in". I loved that the portion sizes on Big Island are far larger and superior for value in comparison to what you get anywherein Oahu and Maui.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“The Best Kept Secret!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This restaurant is actually in Kainaliu, across of the Oshima store, about 10 miles South of Kailua-Kona. It's open only between 9AM and 4PM, Monday through Friday, but don't let that fool you! This place serves up very serious dishes at very affordable prices. Their Cuban and Luisiana-themed daily specials are to die for! Whenever I eat lunch there I always take home something for dinner too.

• Visited June 2012