We have stayed in awesome places and places that we had to tolerate. This one fit into the tolerable. We stayed in room 27 the first two nights, and noticed that it was outdated, no biggie it was spacious enough and clean, I have a clean barefoot carpet pet peeve, and all was good bare footed.
Lets move on to pushing the third night at at lower rate same motel, one word "nightmare" I walked in the door first while my husband went to do the final check in, I swung open the door hands loaded with items and noticed a strong odor masking spray. Well that lasted a few minutes. I immediately started having major allergy symptoms, my mold allergy is masked by nasonex, however, I have cat, dog, smoking allergies. By the way the room was rotting in a lot of areas and mold was coating the walls. We spent over an hour deciding whether to change rooms and once we did decide to change rooms, we spoke to David whom by the way is a gem informed us that there was non available! I started to search for my allergra. We roughed it out and checked out the following day. It's not all together a bad place to stay but make sure you do a room walk over before booking.
- Also Known As:
- Kamuela Hotel Waimea