“3 Times!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Private Tour
$196*
and up
Private Tour: Big Island Organic Farms &...
Ranked #2 of 18 Activities in Waimea
Type: Ranchs, Ranch & Farm
3 attraction reviews
“3 Times!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

June 11, 2014 was the 3rd time my husband & I have enjoyed the Kahua Ranch Aloha spirit and hospitality! It is definitely a fun family experience. We were 3 generations there. Starting with the Hotel pickup (with driver Sue giving us an historical perspective of the Ranch & interesting tidbits about some of the former owners), to the Adult beverage open bar, plentiful YUM food, entertainment, guest activities, "chatting" with pet pig Piggly Wiggly (yes a real live pig),to Hotel drop off...... the Evening was delightful and definitely memorable.

Mahalo to all that helped to create the Evening @ Kahua Ranch.

Visited June 2014

“Probably the Best Evening of my Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was on the Big Island with for vacation the last week of May, and I have to say that the evening I spent at Kahua Ranch was probably the best evening of the whole week. My man and I took the bus up to the ranch (thank goodness we did!) which picked us up from our resort in Kona. The driver was hilarious, and gave us a very entertaining, yet very informative tour of our way up to Waimea. Once there, we were greeted by the beautiful view and warm, friendly handshakes from the ranch owners. We grabbed a few drinks, and enjoyed a warm welcome with a brief history and introduction to the ranch. The buffet-style meal was probably the freshest, most delicious meal I'd had all week! The staff was incredibly friendly and personable - we spent the entire evening chatting with them. Piggly Wiggly was the biggest pig I've ever seen, and definitely loves those Hawaiian rolls! With the live music, line dancing, stargazing, and s'mores, I had one of the best nights of my life. If we had stayed on the island longer, we would definitely have gone again, and I will definitely go back the next time I'm there.
Thank you, Kahua Ranch, for one of the most memorable experiences of my entire trip. See you again real soon!

“Top of the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

You would think you were on top of the world at this ranch. We are back 9 years later after we had our wedding reception here. The view is unbelievable, the food is fantastic, entertainment is phenomenal, the hosts are superb, especially Sue. Sue is the most hospitable, warm and gracious host. Can't wait to visit again. Love this place! Peace out - Cardiff

Visited June 2014
Oakland, California
13 attraction reviews
“A Very Different Hawaiian Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

A delicious dinner and evening at the ranch was a totally unique side of Hawaii. The beautiful drive to the ranch is breathtaking. The welcome is delightful. The natural beauty of the ranch would appeal to a couples experience. We were a family, a 8mo., 4years, parents and grandparents. All of us loved the evening. Drinks before dinner, great dinner, live music and dancing, roping, branding, toasted marshmellows and campfire singing. What a great night!

Visited May 2014
Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“beautiful setting and good company”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

we were greeted by a very enthusiastic family as we arrived at the ranch . we drove up ourselves - which was easy. the views were amazing, and John told us about the workings of the ranch in a very informative and funny way. we were ushered into the dining area for our meal. steak, chicken mash Veges corn and salads. all beer,wine and soft drinks were supplied. there was music, line dancing and activities. it was a nice night out, with good country hospitality.

Visited May 2014