“Good food, great view.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brown's Beach House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Brown's Beach House is the place for the quintessential island fine dining experience located just steps from shore. Innovative, Big Island inspired cuisine is drawn from simple, pure flavors from locally grown, sustainable agriculture and seafood. Products using the diverse variety of fresh seafood from our island waters redefining the continuing evolution of Pacific Rim, Hawaii Regional, and most recently Big Island Cuisine. Exceptional nightly Hawaiian entertainment by resident soloists and romantic shoreline sunsets at a hand's distance blend naturally with the outdoor open-air seating for a memorable evening under the stars.
San Antonio, Texas
“Good food, great view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The view was wonderful, we had a full moon which made it absolutely beautiful. The service was good and the food was good, but it was not great. Great is what it should be at the price of the meal. The price is for the location. I enjoyed the the evening but thought the meal should have been a higher quality.

“very poor experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We made a reservation for our last night on the island at this location, it was meant to be a special night. We arrived right on time. A rain had started about 20 minutes before our arrival. When we arrived, we were told that our table was outside. We indicated that this wouldn't work unless they had an umbrella. The receptionist told us to wait 10 minutes or so while they built a table inside. Ten minutes later, a person showed up to seat us and brought us to an outside table with no umbrella. We indicated that there must be a misunderstanding. We were not going to sit in the rain without an umbrella. She was very rude and returned us to the waiting area. She then offered to call another restaurant to make us a reservation which we agreed to. After waiting another 15 minutes with no one paying any attention to us, we left. When you make a reservation, you expect to get a table and for $50 an entree, not in the rain.

• Visited March 2014
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Not what I would have expected from a restaurant at a Fairmont hotel-- the service was mediocre! I've stayed at several Fairmont hotels and I've never had an issue with service at any of them. The hotel itself is lovely, with beautiful grounds. The restaurant itself however is not much to look at. I had local wild boar which was ok. Was kind of lukewarm when it got to me. My wife and daughter had fish which was again okay but nothing exceptional. It was expensive (as one would expect) but I would hope there are better values to be had elsewhere. I would not go back.

Visited February 2014
“Not so special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Arrived at the restaurant anticipating a special meal. It was good not great. Service was terrific but curiously this is an outdoor restaurant with very little seating when it rains, which it did while we were there. This led to a mad dash to be seated under what little cover there is. It good crowded and noisy. The food wasn't bad, it just wasn't special. I had Tuna Tataki that was no prepared to my specifications. The coffee crusted short rib appetizer was just ok. My wife ate the fish special, grilled marlin which she enjoyed. Her tuna poke appetizer was made with very large chunks of tuna, again, just ok. The ice cream for dessert was too icy for my taste.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Shelburne, Vermont
“Browns -Try another top end restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

With Great anticipation for eating here we could only get 8:15PM reservation. We were seated 20 minutes late and made to stand in the drizzle while workers cleared the many now empty tables. My wife finally sat at a table under the roof but not yet cleared. The hostess simply chatted to people while my wife sat at a dirty table out of the rain. Outrageous. I went up to the hostess and said "How can you be standing around chatting while customers are standing in the rain. Why don't you help clear a table so we will have somewhere to sit." She responded "Your table will be ready soon" This is terrible service at any restaurant much less the highest price restaurant on the Island. The food was very good. But it is very good at many of these high end resorts. Try somewhere else next time.
Falcon