“Great food in a chilled environment.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Organic cuisine, has replaced Daniel Thiebaut's resteraunt
“Great food in a chilled environment.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I came here by pure chance, and it was a great dining experience.
The menu is very original, we both started with a Strawberry salad.
Then I had Pomegranate Chicken Breast and he the special of the day, some seared Ono served with rice and wok tossed organic veggies.
Everything very tasty and fresh

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St. Louis
“an unexpected surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We weren't sure about the place at first, but it's set in a very hold inn that has been in existence since the 1920s. They have a few original checks on the wall dating back to the 1930s and the original bar. The floors are clearly original also and the place has a quaint and charming interior.

We are a family of mostly vegetarians and selected the restaurant on a drive by based just on its name. They serve mostly organic dishes with locally sourced ingredients. My husband enjoyed the local beef and felt that it did taste different than the grain fed beef we get on the mainland.

I had the flatbread pizza since they were out of the fantastic sounding eggplant napolean and it was very good. My dad had the freshmade pasta and of course I snagged a bite. It was also very good, although less complex.

I don't think it's a great place to take very young children, but my two-yr.-old did ok. It's a nice place for a romantic dinner, though.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, United States
“A business gathering with luncheon of celebration of a long career”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had our own room on the side and the crowd spilled over, with banquet style eating and the food ran out as did the iced tea, etc. Salad was fair, chicken OK, fish dead, other stuff fair to avg. Nice old place with clean restrooms and lots of parking, ck the back if the front is full. I would hope that the next time I go again the food will be better since they seem to be just getting going.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The owner is struggling to get this right. I think he would rather come out to great guest and talk about himself than to inquire how he can improve the food and service. Very few patrons were there when we dined that should have warned us of the pending meal. The food is not terrible but probably not worth the drive unless you are staying in Waimea.

Visited February 2013
Ghent
“Strange experience, far too expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stopped there since this place seemed to be the only one still serving food at that hour. (9 PM or so).

The place : I ate in an empty room, looking through a window without glass into another room where drunk men were dancing with drunk women to the same tango tune, which was repeated over and over again. Truly weird atmosphere, believe me...

The food : 32 $ for inferior fish which was boiled far too dry, with a very heavy sauce tasting like it came out of a sacket. That's not what you could call a bargain.

This is the only place ever where I couldn't make myself to give a tip. They had ripped me off enough I suppose...

• Visited December 2012