“Kona Coffee” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 64 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Food: We use the freshest ingredients available, in most cases, farmed right here on the big island. We have an herb garden out back which we use to make all of our own homemade soups and sauces. We shop at the local farmers markets for many ingredients. We care about what goes into our bodies and our community! This means we don't believe in microwaves, GMO foods, or artificial flavorings. We do believe in organic, local, and gluten free alternatives. We believe that fresh foods are better for all of us. All produce and baked goods are sourced locally! Come check us out :) Coffee and Tea: We have friendly, knowledgeable baristas here to craft you a delicious beverage. We use cold brewed coffee as our iced coffee. We feature our islands best coffees, available for personal pour overs and french presses. We also have 100% organic and local teas available for those who do not like coffee :)
Cherryville, North Carolina
“Kona Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Loved the coffee. VERY expensive. Don't ask for room for cream. They don't fill the cup up anyway. The scones muffins and breakfast sandwiches are really good. This was our morning ritual. Friendly staff. Good service.

Visited February 2014

Madison, Wisconsin
“superb cafe mocha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Waimea Coffee Company made one of the best cafe mochas we had on the Big Island. Definitely worth a stop!

Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“Just okay..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our hotel concierge recommended we stop by here for a quick breakfast on the way to the volcano. Wow, this place was so slow, and the food was just okay. The eggs in my breakfast sandwich were either fake or microwaved. We agreed we would have been better off stopping by the McDonalds that was a minute further down the road. I did not try the coffee which seems to be the attraction of this place, but it's just not a great pick for a quick breakfast.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Regina, Canada
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Really great coffee is what you can expect here. We also enjoyed some delicious meals, snacks and such. The atmosphere here is conducive to lingering and conversation. Take your time and enjoy. You can also enjoy brousing in the attractive shops just outside and beside. We loved sitting outside at the little tables they have provided. Charming!

Visited November 2013
Waimea, Hawaii, Usa
“No Max!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Although the food is tasty, the service is inadequate! Visited 3 times and all 3 times, there was a mistake on my order. Still gave the place a chance because it's in my home town & I wanted to support my local business. The last draw was a phone in order I tryed to place to pick up on my way to work. "Max" asked me to hold on and never came back to the phone. Instead the receiver was placed on the counter while Max serviced his walk in customers, shared stories of what he did the previous night to his coworkers & what sounded like him doing a drum solo on the counter..... why did I not hang up? Because I gave him the benefit of the doubt & hung on for 17 minutes, hopeing he would realize I was on the phone. It became silent & that's when I knew he realized I was still on the phone. He just hung it up. I called back & he had no words. Just a uhh,um,yeah. Really Max. Learn some customer service! If you want to talk like a surfer, go surf. Don't mess up your owners reputation. Now your mess up is on trip advisor, you have lost me as a customer & yes, I will tell everyone I know.

• Visited November 2013