“Great outfit and tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 18 Activities in Waimea
More attraction details
Owner description: In an industry that demands the best Sunshine Helicopters delivers! On the Big Island we only fly the New WhisperSTAR, by far the most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever built! All forward facing seats, More interior room, Large windows, pilot-to-pax intercom and a 3-Camera Sky-Cam Video System recording your Actual Flight. Sunshine customized the standard factory interior with business and first class seating to further enhance passenger comfort and visibility. Two wonderful tour options to choose:Kohala/ Hamakua 30 minute flight. Explore the steep ocean cliffs and hidden valleys of Waimanu, Pololu and Waipio, alive with dozens of roaring waterfalls. This area of the Big Island is rich in history and holds some of the most spectacular vistas in Hawaii.For the adventure seekers wanting to see a Live Volcano. Our 1 hour 45 minute flight covers it all, including the sights of the Kohala/ Hamakua tour with added scenery of the Volcanic Landscape of Kilauea Volcano
Olympia, Washington
“Great outfit and tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Took the North Kohala ride with my wife and two children. It was fantastic, the pilot was engaging and very courteous. He is a very good pilot, took us around some amazing waterfalls, cliffs, and along the coast. The trip was outstanding and the staff was friendly and very helpful, did great with the kids.
The kids had an amazing time and would do the trip again.

Visited October 2011

10 attraction reviews
“Exciting flight and excellent pilot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011 via mobile

We were picked up at our hotel and driven to the heliport. Our lady driver recommened merrimans restaurant and it was super. A loveley hawaiian girl at the heliport gave us fresh coffee. They really have the aloha spirit. Jessie our hawaiian pilot said aloha and shook our hands. This really calmed my nerves. We saw snow on mauna kean lava a the volcano.my favorite was the waterfalls. Jessie got close enough that you felt like you could touch it. Spectacular! Mahalo,jessie this was the highlight of our trip.

Texas Hill Country
17 attraction reviews
“Flight of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband surprised me with this helicopter tour while on our first anniversary trip to Hawaii. I was impressed with the quality of service from everyone at the Sunshine helicopter tour company. We were lucky enough to get perfect weather to view the amazing waterfalls and see lava flowing into the sea up close and personal. Our flight was recorded and was available as a DVD for us. Our pilot Jesse was very informative. I felt completely safe during the flight. I paid extra for the best seat on the aircraft and am glad I did. There were no obstructions in my line of sight. I will never forget that trip!

St. Louis
4 attraction reviews
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

Celebrating 2 birthdays we booked this helicopter tour through mauivalue.com at our resort in Maui. Safety was our main concern for selecting Sunshine helicopters from among the many helicopter tours. We chose the 55-65 minute tour of West Maui and Moloka'i. The weather was perfect for the day. The pilot Chris was great. We received a dvd of our excursion and they also accommodated our request for the raw footage. Although this was pricey for us, we were so glad we did it.

ca
“Sunshine Helicopter Bad Things”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Had a volcano ride set for 2/22/10 at 10:10AM in Hilo. I was taking my 4 yr old son for his and my 1st helicopter ride. We left Waikoloa at 6:45 to ensure being there for the 9:30 check in. We were just about to Hilo at 9:00 when I received a call from David telling me our flight was delayed because their helicoptor was stuck on another island. They have 1 helicopter!!!!??? David was going to make it up to my son and I by booking us on a flight in Waikoloa the next day which was going to be a much longer more deluxe ride. They cancelled on us the next day as well. When i got back to the main land and looked at my CC statement, Sunshine Helicopter had charged me and not credited my account back. This problem has yet to be resolved. Super terrible business and I would recomend any other helicopter service over Sunshine. Bad Things!!!!!