We selected the Palms Cliff House knowing what the price was. We picked out our room from the Internet photos, which were quite accurate.
Cheers: The setting & the view were terrific. Our patio was very private & roomy. Our flight arrived after dark. We did not stop for dinner, so we were DELIGHTED to find a room where we could purchase cheese, salami, crackers, soda, etc. for reasonable prices!
Average stuff: The directions provided told us to take 19 and head towards Kona -- there was not one sign between Hilo and the Inn that said "Kona". We took 19 & hoped we were going the right direction & were relieved when we saw our first mile marker, which indicated to us we had probably guessed correctly. Breakfast was hot, filling but lacked any WOW factor. We had to get our own water, juice & coffee. The muffins on day 1 were wonderful. Quiche on day 2 was supposedly bacon and broccoli, but we both found lots of vegetables and NO bacon. Good fruit each day.
Jeers: the TV did not work -- just wanted to see the news since there were no newspapers at breakfast. Day 2 we called & the owner came and got it going. Day 3 it didn't work again & we did not call for help. -- Pillows were not up to Marriott or Westin standards; they were lumpy Holiday Express-type pillows. -- I asked about Wi-Fi; found out it was 10 bucks! Didn't bother to find out if that was for the stay or per day. For $350/night one would think they could share their Wi-Fi, since it wasn't costing them to share it. --- One of the nice things about staying in a B&B or small inn is chatting with the owner and learning cool details of the area... Not here.. --- Not enough hot water or enough water pressure for a satisfying shower but ironically there was hot water for the jetted tub in the bedroom.
Would we stay there again? Probably not.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Cliff House Hotel
- The Palms Cliff House Hotel Honomu
- The Palms Cliff Hotel
- Palms Cliff Hotel
- The Palms Cliff House Inn Hawaii/Honomu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3.5 acre private estate offers sweeping ocean views perched ocean side atop a 100 foot cliff. Delicious full breakfasts are included in the regular room rates. Honored in Song and depicted in hula, this inn specializes in catering to couples seeking a quiet and romantic get away that embodies the feeling of the Old Hawaii we all dream about. Book your stay today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Stentorian NV, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your The Palms Cliff House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.