“Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Kahului, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
“Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

It was an adventure of a lifetime and I will definitely return as much as opporunity allows. It is a beautiful and lovely area.

Fruit Heights, Utah
18 attraction reviews
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you are driving to Hawaiian Tropical Botanical Gardens (a must-see in our opinion), be well advised to skip this place. It costs $12 per person in entry fees, and there really isn’t much to see other than the Umaumau Falls overlook. While those falls are really awesome to see (there are three falls one right after the other, great photo opportunity), the cost to get into the park and the lack of anything else worth seeing (unless you’re a zipline fan) is appalling. If they had a true garden and/or paired with a botanical garden site farther down the road (so you didn’t end up spending $50 for two people to see both), it ‘might’ be worth it, but our opinion: Save your money, download a pick of these falls, and you won’t have missed much at all.

Highland, Utah, United States
“A Perfect Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We decided to add a zip line activity to our first family vacation to the Big Island. After researching all of the options we decided to go with what locals told us was a favorite. We have a few adventurous teenagers and a very apprehensive 11 year old. This zip line can handle kids from 40lbs and up which made it ideal for all ages. The zip line is located on the rainy side of the island but the day we went it was sunny and so beautiful. When we arrived our 11 year decided he didn't want to do it. He was literally trying to avoid contact with everyone. The owner, Susan, noticed and made it her mission to help him feel comfortable and to get him on the line. Susan and her staff were awesome and went out of their way to help us and more importantly our apprehensive son. We all finished the course, 11 year old included, and had the time of our lives. The scenery was beautiful, the zip lines awesome, and the staff incredible. For a little boy that was scared and anxious, this turned out to be a day that changed his life. All 3 of our kids commented on the drive back to our condo that this was the perfect day. Thanks to Susan and her staff for a great experience. I would recommend this activity to all of those families looking for a memorable activity while on the Big Island.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
“Great Zipline Experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We signed up for this zipline tour based on hotel recommendations. We had a great time.

We stayed on the Waikola side/Hilton and had to drive 1 1/2 hours to get to this side of island. Allow time for drive if coming fr that area.

The guide staff was well trained, fun and made the trip easy for us first-time zip liners.

The lady in the check-in office said to leave all cameras behind. I wish I would not have listened to her. I missed out on great pics and videos. You can tie them to your harness. The guides encouraged photos once out on the course. The guides did all the work (clipping) for you, you just had to sit back and enjoy.

Lines went from 200- 2000 feet long. Some double and some single lines. We were a group of about 15-20 and got through them all in less than 2 hours.

Personally the gardens are a waste of time, not a lot to see except falls and river. I wouldn't pay or drive out of the way to see this if it weren't for zipline tour.

Zipline was worth the time and money. Can't compare to other Co. Since I've only done once.

Waikoloa, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
“UmaUma Zipline The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Fantastic zipline, fantastic fun. The crew was helpful and funny. 9 zips over beautiful river and waterfalls yet looking out over the beautiful ocean throughout. What more can you ask for. No trudging through mud in a rain forest. 4 dual ziplines that my husband and I raced across, of course I won! I felt safe and the location and experience was terrific, I would recommend this to all. They also take children that weigh at least 35lbs which is the only company I know who does this. They do cost a bit more but it is worth it for the location! I got hte Go Pro Helmet can which turned out great too!

Visited January 2013