My husband and I stayed at Waianuhea for our honeymoon in October, a 9 night stay. It was wonderful, a true getaway.
The staff at Waianuhea was delightful, helpful, and courteous. The morning breakfast was delicious and wine hour was a treat. If we were going to miss wine hour the staff left us a tray of treats and a glass of wine in our room so that we could enjoy it later. The room was beautiful and although there was no air conditioning it did not matter much being at a higher elevation, nights were pretty cool. The only complaints we had were that the internet service didn't work the first two days and there was a rooster nearby who sometimes crowed at 2am!
The location is a good drive away from a good selection of restaurants and activities but that didn't bother us. We knew that going in. We were looking for relaxation and the privacy you don't tend to get at a big resort. We rented a car for our stay and drove to different areas of the island every day. Driving around the island let us experience the whole island - it's very diverse. We bought a book (that the hotel also has) called The Big Island Exposed and it was crutial to us being able to find our way around and helped us stay as busy as we wanted. A great resource.
We did have dificulty finding Waianuhea the first night because we arrived in the dark. The road to Wainanuhea is very interesting and unique - an experience to remember. We even saw a wild pig on the road one day!
Both my husband and I would recommend Wainauhea to anyone looking for a true Big Island getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A remote yet luxurious bed and breakfast on the big island of Hawaii. Located in beautiful Ahualoa above the town of Honokaa, Waianuhea's five guest rooms combine a sense of remote retreat with modern convenience and sumptuous furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Waianuhea Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waianuhea Bed And Breakfast
- Waianuhea Hotel Honokaa
- Waianuhea Bed & Breakfast Honokaa, Hawaii