I took my 11-year-old daughter to Hawaii last month. I'd never been there and so I really did my research. I wanted to stay away from resorts and such, and have more of a retreat/adventure-type vacation. After looking at cost versus value around the island, I decided we wanted to stay at Waianuhea.
Before we had even arrived, I'd had several conversations with the staff. You know; the typical plan-freak that I am, I wanted to make sure I understood full well what kind of amenities and such that we would have access to. They always knew who I was (that I was a young woman traveling alone with my young daughter). They knew me by name and obtained our preferences for meals. They were cheerful and helpful before we ever arrived.
Then I must say that the only slight drawback was that we drove in at night and it was very difficult to find in the dark. Moreover, Taylor and I were remembering scenes from the freaky woods in Harry Potter as we made our way up what seemed like endlessly creepier dirt roads. However, in the morning it looks quite different and we were able to see why the out-of-the-way location was actually a positive thing.
The next morning we met Randy and Sonya (spelling, ladies? I'm sorry!) They were so sweet and accommodating and got us anything we needed. It was the best place. I wanna go back and spend another week or so.
One huge thing I wanted to say about the people at Waianuhea is that my daughter and I are not your typical bed-and-breakfasters. We'd reserved the largest suite and I was a little concerned that they might look down their noses at us as not being the normal clientelle. Not so. They were so sweet and accommodating. This is the best place I'ved ever stayed and I know my daughter feels the same. Thanks Randy and Sonya! You made Erika and Taylor's Hawaiian vacation relaxing and laid back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A remote yet luxurious bed and breakfast on the big island of Hawaii. Located in beautiful Ahualoa above the town of Honokaa, Waianuhea's five guest rooms combine a sense of remote retreat with modern convenience and sumptuous furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Waianuhea Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waianuhea Bed And Breakfast
- Waianuhea Hotel Honokaa
- Waianuhea Bed & Breakfast Honokaa, Hawaii