“Great brunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Holualoa
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Great brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had a party of 16 people for Sunday brunch. They created a special menu for us, gave us a great location/table, and were very attentive. The eggs benedict were the best I have had in years! I would recommend this place for celebrations, but also for a nice quiet meal. The setting is very nice and the food/service worth the drive to Holualoa.

• Visited June 2014

Chicago
“Best meal of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were making a trek to Volcano National Park and needed a place to stop for lunch along the way. It came highly recommended from our concierge. The food was so good and unbelievably fresh. And the prices were reasonable for Hawaii. We shared the hummus/salad entree for an appetizer and I've never seen such beautiful tomatoes in my life. We practically licked our plate. We had the fish sandwich and hamburger for our main course. Simple but so delicious. The lilikoi/mango cheesecake was just crazy good. Best meal of our entire trip. We will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
“I had my wedding dinner here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I got married in Kona and arranged to have my wedding dinner here. I have never eaten here before and only relied on online reviews. It was a wonderful wedding reception dinner for my 20 guests. Most of my correspondences were all thru e-mails with the general manager who was so nice, prompt, and thorough with details. She addressed all my questions and requests. The menu was prepared in course choices and was shared with me ahead of time for approval. She also coordinated with me with decor. Ambiance of the restaurant was so romantic, we were seated outdoors with a pergola that I had decorated with white drapes and twinkly lights. There were no mosquitos biting my guests, just beautiful flora and frogs croaking.

The food was AH-MA-ZING!!! It was exactly what they claimed to be "fresh, local and organic produce from farms within five miles of our kitchen.” My guests are still commenting how great it tasted to this day. I chose a farmed raised pork chop main entree and it was so good. The pork was tender and cooked to perfection, and the au jus was seasoned perfectly. And not to mention the my wedding cake (which they baked). I chose the chocolate macadamia nut cake, and it was scrumptious!!! Cake decor was very simple and 2-tiered. I have to brag that the best wedding cake I have ever had was at my wedding day. I would go back for this cake. It was so good, we did not let it go to waste and my husband and I took it with us and ate all the leftovers on our honeymoon. There are no words to describe how delicious this cake was.

It did take a while for the meals to arrive though. About 2 hours, but the first course did come within the 2 hours. Previous reviews mentioned on TripAdvisor that service has always been slow. If I had known, I wished I thought of more entertainment for my guests aside from the speeches and live music. But the service was excellent! She acknowledged the delay in the main course. We had one waitstaff who was very professional, although maybe the restaurant could’ve let one more to help her out cause 1 server to 20 ppl may have been too overwhelming. In the end, she was still great! I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
Paso Robles, California
“Had to return to the Holuakoa Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was our second (and third) trip to the Holuakoa Café that we had discovered on our last visit to Kona in Dec 2012. It didn't disappoint and was just as great as we remembered it to be. The menu is varied and the food so fresh and flavorful. It is on the spendy side but is worth it for a special meal that is going to be excellent. We returned for Sunday brunch which was also excellent. Take insect repellent (they do have some available) if you have a tendency to get bitten. The drive from Kona is only about 15 mins at the most and gives you some lovely views along the way.

• Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food in quaint locale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This place is great fun set in a lush landscape high above Kona. The cafe has good coffee and pastries and you have the option of sitting out on the verandah of the century old shop. The outdoor restaurant has great food - tasty, healthy - in a lovely garden environment. Service is smart and friendly. Great for kids who are entertained by the fish.

• Visited May 2014