“Foodie Heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Foodie Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

While we have not stayed at this lovely place, we did enjoy one of their monthly "Dinner on The Lanai" event. Once a month they feauture a five-course set menu dinner ($40.00) on the main lanai and each dinner highlights the cuisine of a different region or country. We enjoyed their Cajun-themed dinner and I highly recommend to get on their e-mail list for notification of these monthly dinners. Seating is limited so RSVP early!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

We had a lovely 3 night stay with Shai (Trina was away) at the Lilikoi Inn. Our highlights were Shai's delicious and beautiful breakfasts (best on our trip), the fruit smoothies we could always count on coming back to after a long day sight seeing, the location on the scenic byway up in the hills (jungle like, through a gorgeous little artsy town, coffee plantations, exactly what you think of when you think of Hawaii rainforest), and the relaxing hot tub. Shai also gave us a great tour of his grounds, and has wonderful knowledge of agriculture that he shared. It was wonderful to drink a cup of coffee grown from the coffee trees you could see outside his deck.

I would say this is an AMAZING place to stay if you are a solo traveler, because the family is very welcoming and you will never feel lonely. If you are a couple, I'd personally recommend asking for one of the downstairs rooms, which seemed more private to me and have updated baths. The upstairs room, that we were in, is lovely, but felt a bit open for us as we were on our honeymoon. But of course if we were really concerned about privacy we should not have been staying at a BnB! Overall, we had a lovely time and thought Shai was a lot of fun. His adult children were visiting at the time and they were also super cool.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

I absolutely recommend this b&b to everyone who wants a comfortable, relaxing stay that feels like you're staying in someone's home...in a really really good way. Shai, Trina, and their son Misha showed us the utmost hospitality at their beautiful little abode. The rooms are spotless, the kitchen ALWAYS smells great, and if you ask nicely, Misha's a pretty good dancer too. I am so happy I chose this lovely haven for my stay on the big island, it would be a great value at any price.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

Have you ever seen a humpback whale launch is tremendous body out of the foaming sea while sitting on the beach enjoying a strawberry daiquiri? Well, neither have I, but I have seen the leaping whale--just not with the alcoholic beverage in hand.
I went to hawaii to follow the pods, as my name suggests I have a bit of an affinity for whale-watching, and never have I seen such spectacular specimens! April is the time to go to Kona, and the Lilikoi inn is the place to stay.
I was recommended this gettaway by a friend and I have to say the Lilikoi Inn exceeded my wildest expectations. It is located at the top of beautiful vista in Kona--from the back porch a stunning view of the sparkling ocean is visible and we caught more than a few precious sunsets from that veranda. A quaint location, a stay at the Lilikoi allows you to escape the hordes of tourists at a beautifully furnished B&B.
Fresh eggs and coffee grown on the property is an added bonus, and the trees at that time of year hung heavy with ripe fruit--the taste of the avocados, picked fresh daily, will remain in my memory for years to come.
Your hosts will take great care of you, offer advice on nearby secluded beach coves (a short drive away) or where to find local cultural hot spots such as hoola shows.
I stayed there a week, and wish that my company had given me a month vacation, as i could easily have spent it in this paradise lounging in their jungle hot tub.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

Trina and Shai (and their son Misha!) were incredible hosts, who made my first trip to Kona and to Hawaii unforgettable. I was treated like family, and was welcomed with open arms, into a paradise of superlatives. The service, food, accommodations, and more, were of the highest calibre, and I would recommend this to anyone (young and old) seeking relaxation, an exotic setting with down-to-earth and warm hosts. I would go back to Lilikoi in an instant, and hope to travel back and stay there again soon! I would like to pay special tribute to the exquisite food - you will likely never taste anything better!!!

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

I stayed at the Lilikoi in for a week and it was truly amazing! The home is beautiful and has the most amazing view I've ever seen. Trina and Shai were super warm, friendly, and generous. Shai also made some of the best food I've ever had. If you stay anywhere else on the Big Island you're missing out. I'd go back in a hearbeat!

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

I can't say enough great things about Lilikoi and Shai and Trina's tremendous hospitality. During my time there they were attentive and gracious, always eager to recommend excellent spots on the island. The location couldn't have been more perfect as nothing was ever more than a short drive away. And after a great day relaxing on the beach or exploring other parts of the island, the lanai at Lilikoi was the perfect spot to relax and watch the sun set over the Pacific Ocean. Shai's outstanding skills in the kitchen were evident and every breakfast was a culinary masterpiece. My experience at Lilikoi was above and beyond anything I could have ever hoped for and I can safely say that I only regret not staying longer. If you're headed to the Hawaii, hop on over to the Big Island and stop in at the Lilikoi Inn and stay for a while...Shai and Trina will welcome you with open arms!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Lilikoi Inn? Share your experiences!