“Best Thai Food I've Ever Had” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 203 restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Best Thai Food I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The title says it all. I do A LOT of traveling and devouring of Thai food along the way, but this place blew my mind. There are so many good things I could say about it, but I'm getting tired of reviewing so please just take my advice and try this place out. Pineapple fried rice highly recommended.

ZOMG, how am I going to live without Sombat's on the Mainland?!?!

Visited December 2013

93% Recommend
“Best of the best Thai Restaurants.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

In a town with some of the best Thai cooks outside of Thailand, Sombat continues to distinguish herself as a master of the cuisine. Flavors explode long after you swallow, a symphony of ingredients. You will be impressed. Even the offerings on the lunch line will delight your taste buds. Don't miss it while in Hilo. No other island has Sombat.

Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Some of the best Thai food I've had in the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

we stopped at Sombat's on our last day in Hawaii, before going to the airport to fly home. What a treat! Food is amazingly delicious, fresh ingredients, true home cooking! Curries are insanely complex and full, but we stayed on the milder side of things. We sat outside (the place was packed) for a dinner, and it was just fun to sit there and have airplanes fly over your head as they were going for landing.

One of the best places to eat in all of Hawaii, period! I don't know why the Big Island Revealed book doesn't list them?

• Visited November 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great food, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great little restaurant, the lunch special is an amazing value - my only regret is we didn't try them our first day in Hilo (still went twice!) friendly, competent, fast staff, great food, and for Hawaii an amazing value at lunch (only went at lunch) - parking is tolerable, especially for Hilo. Portions were generous. They even brought a sippy cup for our 6-month-old without asking for one.

• Visited December 2013
Hilo, Hawaii
“Definitely Fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here a couple of weeks ago simply because we love Thai food and trying out the restaurants near us. We would definitely come here again! It's hard for me now to describe the exact flavor besides being fresh and delicious. Service is friendly. The atmosphere is cute and comfy. We ate outside. Be aware of Thai spiciness levels. Even medium is a nice kick.

• Visited November 2013