My husband and I had a wonderful time in Hilo staying in a romantic room "at the Beach with Friends". IT was a 25th anniversary trip and we were not disappointed in our decision to go to Hilo for four days. At the Beach with Friends is conveniently located near the airport but one gets the feeling of being in a remote hideaway. The rooms are beautiful, well kept up and the bathroom was luxurious with nice towels and amenities. We lacked nothing. On our first day after a sumptious breakfast prepared by Claudia, the owner, we drove to the Volcanoes Park. There we went hiking, drove through the lava fields., saw the ocean and the volcano at night. Coming home we were able to get into the house easily and have a restful evening. Rooms are equipped with WIFI and TV.
On the second day we took a driving trip to see botanical gardens and the observatory. We also went swimming at Richardson's beach nearby. It was great snorkeling in a safe evironment. We saw a lot of fish and also a large turtle.
On the third day we went swimming , exploring. and went to the market in Hilo.
Sadly we had to fly back to Honolulu but would definitely return to HIlo and at the Beach with Friends in a heartbeat. Claudia and Scott have created a small paradise in HIlo- it was far better than we ever would have imagnedl
- Also Known As:
- At The Beach With Friends Hotel
- At The Beach With Friends Bed And Breakfast
- At The Beach With Friends Hotel Hilo
- At The Beach With Friends Bed & Breakfast Hilo, Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private guest wing on a lagoon across from Hilo's favorite swimming beaches. Luxury ocean view accommodations for $130-$185, king beds, ensuite baths, free WiFi, flat screen TVs, computer with highspeed internet, common sitting room/lounge area, games, books, & hot buffet breakfast. Small refrigerators in room and tea service available in common room. Triple room available. Beach towels, folding chairs,coolers flashlights and umbrellas on hand. ... more less