I just returned from a two week stay At the BeachWith Friends and it was just that. Claudia was a wonderful hostesss and very knowledgeable about Hawaiian customs, history and culture. She was very accommodating and always smiling. She knows the all the best spots on the island for all kinds of activities and their history. Her breakfasts are delicious and filling! There was always plenty of food. Her homemade muffins each day were a special treat, she made a different kind each day, and she always made sure that we had them. Even when we had an early day planned, she would made breakfast early for us or if we planned to be gone the entire day, she would supply us with a To Go Breakfast. The location is great, on a quiet street within a couple of blocks of Richardson Beach. The house is set around several (or one big) pond/s and in the jungle, so there are a lot of frog and other nocturnal noises. They did not bother me, I thought it was kind of like those sleep machine sounds. There is no air conditioning cause you don't really need it if you keep the windows open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private guest wing on a lagoon across from Hilo's favorite swimming beaches. Luxury ocean view accommodations for $150-$175, king beds, ensuite baths, free WiFi, flat screen TVs, computer with highspeed internet, common sitting room/lounge area, games, books, & hot buffet breakfast. Small refrigerators in room and tea service available in common room. Triple room available. Beach towels, folding chairs,coolers flashlights and umbrellas on hand. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- At The Beach With Friends Hotel Hilo
- At The Beach With Friends Bed And Breakfast
- At The Beach With Friends Bed & Breakfast Hilo, Hawaii