“Popular Venue” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Sydney, Australia
“Popular Venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Small hole in the wall on the main street. If you blink you'd miss it. Interesting brief menu and the place always seems busy. Take away options. The fish was great.

Visited October 2012

Hilo, Hawaii
“VERY Fresh & VERY Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

3 Table restaurant but very friendly and awesome food, very fresh quality, good cooks. Fish and Lamb, nice selections and take out Bento boxes too! Ahi Don is my favorite. The small room needs decor but the food makes up for that. My husbands favorite is the falafel !

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This place is a hole-in-the-wall. It has like 3 tables. But wow! The food is amazing, and I don't even like Indian inspired food. I wasn't even hungry when I sat down either. But I ended up inhaling the food because it was so good. First, not much selections for kids. My son ate some fried dumplings. He liked it but we could tell it was a bit overfried. I ordered the fried fish, curry rice and salad. Wow! amazing food. It was really really great. Tasty rice. Fish was fresh and mildly flavored. The salad had a light dressing that I enjoyed very much. Our server was very friendly. Although we ate there for lunch, it's a great place to grab a takeout lunch (bento) and take it on your way to Volcano National Park.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kaliua, HI
“Go early if you want a bento”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We got takeout from puka puka and took it to our hike at Akaka Falls. I'd call our food high brow plate lunch. I had ahi katsu or some kind of fish and garlic rice since they were out of white rice, and green papaya slaw. My kids ate most of the fish so I think it was really good. The slaw was great, fresh and tangy and a great compliment to the rice and food. My husband had BBQ chicken which we expected to be Hawaiian style BBQ but instead got Cajun style chix.
The restaurant is really tiny. Order your food to go and take it to any great Hilo site.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stopped at Puka Puka Kitchen and picked up Bento boxes for our day at Kilauea. It was a great plan, and the food was delicious. Service was friendly, prices were very, very reasonable, and all together, this made for a perfect picnic lunch.

Visited July 2012