“Good Thai in Hilo” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Florence, KY
“Good Thai in Hilo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

If you like Thai food this is a nice place to try when on the East side of the Island. It was my first experience with Thai iced tea and I've been drinking it ever since. They serve all the traditional foods and everything my family had was enjoyable. Simple environment, but you can bring the whole family.

Visited January 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great authentic food great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Great food very authentic flavors. Been to Thailand many times and the food tastes very close. Massaman curry is awesome and try the thai garlic salmon. Owners very friendly cozy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Volcano, Hawaii
“Correction: Royal Siam in Hilo, Hawaii is open for business!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

In March of 2012, I wrote a review stating that the restaurant was closed. The sign they placed in the window, "Royal Siam is now closed" seemed so final.

Recently, I was surprised to see the restaurant open again.

Please give them a try, their food is delicious!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Volcano, Hawaii
“We ate there recently, it was delicious, but I think they are closed for business.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I remember this restaurant from the mid 80's, not sure how long it has been there. The yellow curry was delicious. Pong was an inviting host as he took our orders and brought us our food. I think his wife was cooking the food. Unfortunately, a few weeks after we ate there, I saw a "closed for business" sign in the window. The funny thing is that other signage in the window still makes it appear to be an active restaurant.

Visited December 2011
Papillion, Nebraska
“Exceptionally fresh and tasty Thai fool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Royal Siam is a small, kind of older Hilo restaurant. Decor is nothing fancy, but the food is excellent. My family and I went twice during our stay in Hilo and loved the fresh seafood dishes. Service was great. Very economical.

• Visited November 2011