“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Papaikou, Hawaii
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Be sure to make resversations,great food,always crowded but well worth waiting. Every thing on menu is excellent.

Visited January 2013

“Good food, long wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The new location is very convenient for elderly, but it still very crampt. Not good for strollers. Reservations are a must....opening time at 11:00 does not guarantee a table. I like the bento boxes, but it doesn't come with their delicious salad. Their ramen shop isn't open yet...but if and when it does, seating will be even more limited.

Visited December 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
“terrible hostess and unsanitary practices.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We made reservations for 7:30 PM. When we arrived around 7:10 PM we were told they didn't have our reservations. We waited a few feet from the door and at 7:35 pm we moved right in front of the entrance. The hostess approached us to ask our names. When we told her, she replied "I've been calling you for 10 minutes. Because you didn't respond, I gave your table away." She DID NOT call our names even once. We waited until 7:55 PM and finally left. There were others who left before us. Never again. I don't think the hostess did her job well. She kept walking back and forth to see if there were open tables. Anyone waiting outside could see there weren't any open tables. Seems she just walked back and forth to give the impression that she was busy.

For a short time we waited near the kitchen door. It was propped open which is a very unsanitary practice that allows rodents and vermin to enter. We could also see the workers wiping their hands on their aprons.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Great food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

In fairness, it was only their second day in their new location, so I guess there was a lot of demand. It was totally packed for lunch and the staff was overwhelmed. I think it was our waitress's first day of work. But it was worth the wait. The food was delicious and presented beautifully. I had the sesame chicken and tempura and my boyfriend had the tonkatsu (sp?). All of it was very good.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hilo, Hawaii
“My Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

when asked about my favorite eatery in the Hilo, Hawaii area it is always Moyo's that tops the list. The food, atmosphere and service are waonderful. The restaurant is in the process of relocating (and may have already) so I will visit soon to see if anything has been lost or gained!

• Visited November 2012