“Very friendly place to eat” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Sandwiches
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Valley Stream
“Very friendly place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I were walking through town and checked out the menu. I also saw that they had some drink specials and that sealed it for me. We liked it so much we ate there twice in our stay in Hilo. The food was pretty good for pub grub and the staff was very nice.

Visited October 2012

73% Recommend
Vancouver, WA
“Fill da belly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Average burger joint but, because Hilo is kind of a culinary wasteland, it gets an extra star! Crab cakes are pretty good and goes well with beer. Burgers are big enough to share.

Visited November 2012
Del Norte, Colorado
“Laid back atmosphere with good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We ate at Cronies twice while on the Hilo side which I think says a lot since we cooked all but 4 meals at our rental cottage. Cronies is a sports bar and restaraunt. When we went on Sunday, the owner asked us if there was any NFL team we were fans of because he would sit us in an area with a tv with that game on if it was actually on. The food is good, reasonably priced and supported by quick service. My husband got his fill of red meat with the cheeseburgers and I satisfied my seafood cravings with the catch of the day fish and chips. They also offer a variety of domestic and local brews (red ale is particularly good). And if you can't decide on a local brew, they'll give you an ample sample to try. Mahalo to Cronies for a fun dining experience.

Visited November 2012
Hilo, Hawaii
“Football Saturday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went in to watch Notre Dame game and have dinner with my husband. Ordered popcorn shrimp as appetizer and was very disappointed. It was pre packaged, frozen shrimp, deep fried, with bottled cocktail sauce! I can do that myself at home! The list of appetizers was a little disappointing and slightly overpriced. We then ordered the pineapple and kalua pig pizza and it took a while for it to be prepared and it was ok. Did not order a pitcher of beer to go with it as the price did not save you any money from ordering individual beers. The place is nice with a terrific ocean view but the food has much to be desired in that it is not made from scratch just purchased wholesale and cooked. I will be looking for another sports bar in town........

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, CA
“Out of Fish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on someone's recommendation. The waitress was very nice but the service seemed slow since it wasn't crowded at all. We made our menu choices and waited maybe 10 minutes after that for the waitress to come take our orders. At least three of our party of six had selected various fish entrees.. Unfortunately, they were completely out of fish so we had to go back to the menus. It would have been nice to know that up front. The food was very tasty once we got it and the portions were large. Since they only use fresh fish, we could understand the situation but we were disappointed, especially since there were quite a few fish entrees offered

• Visited November 2012