“Good lunch and open on Sunday in Hilo” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 212 Restaurants in Hilo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mamo Street
Transit: Bus stop across street.
Description: Cafe Pesto offers creative and locally fresh Island cuisine in a casually elegant setting at truly affordable prices. It's menu draws from the diverse multicultural influences found throughout the Big Island and applies them to wood fired pizzas, ethnically inspired pastas, risottos, the freshest of seafood and organic salads.
Seattle, Washington
“Good lunch and open on Sunday in Hilo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I got the pesto burger, I saw someone in the window eating one and decided I had to have it. It was a good choice, the burger was cooked exactly the way I like it, the pesto sauce was surprisingly good on it, and so were the toppings. My wife got a salad, and really enjoyed that, and my daughter some pasta off the kids menu, and she actually ate it all, so it must have been good. The staff was friendly, the place was busy, but we hardly waited to get a seat since there is plenty in the restaurant. Driving through Hilo on a Sunday at lunch time there aren't many food options, but this is definately a good one, and is within a block of the farmer's market so it is a convenient and easy to find location.xt time I'm in Hilo on a Sunday at lunch or breakfast, I'll go here again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Olympia, Washington
“We went out of our way to eat lunch here...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

...and it was worth it. Lunch was great, service was terrific, and the ambiance is charming. This, and its sister restaurant on the west side of the island, have long been favorites of mine when I visit the Big Island. While the sister restaurant missed the mark for me a little on this trip, the Hilo restaurant did not. Everything is good, but try a smoothie for a treat.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pearl City, Hawaii
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was out first visit to Cafe Pesto and we can't wait to eat here again. We were immediately seated when we arrived. We ordered calamari, crab cake salad, linguini, and spinach/dried tomato pizza. ALL delicious. Everything tasted fresh. Service was immaculate. Server came often to refill our water and replenish our bread basket. For the three of us, meal and drinks cost was about $80. The night we visited had live music too.

Visited December 2012
Saint Paul, MN
“Great salad and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

It was my first full day in Hilo, I was jet lagged and looking for a fresh and tasty salad. The gentleman in the visitor center recommended Cafe Pesto and he was right. The salad of the day had fresh shrimp that tasted like shrimp (not the watery kind) and the greens were crisp and tasty. Table service was friendly and attentive and they sat me near a window where I could watch the people strolling by and nowhere near the kitchen, the latter which is often where solo eaters are relegated. Prices were in line with other restaurants like Pesto in Hilo.

Visited November 2012
“Great food good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Great lunch. View of waterfront. Friendly people and nice environment. Good menu selection. They have an amazing sauce they make each day We put it on our Burger and fish wonderful.