“Fantastic Pizza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pizza Hawaii of Hilo Inc.

Pizza Hawaii of Hilo Inc.
2100 Kanoelehua Avenue, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
Cuisines: Pizza
Brisbane, QLD, AU
“Fantastic Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

After a busy and tiring day all we wanted was to relax and not worry about finding somewhere special to eat. We had spotted this place the day before while stopping at a fast-food chain for a quick and dirty lunch and decided to give it a go.

They have six tables set up inside with the drink fountains and serving counter, you can see into the kitchen where everything is prepared. They were busy with walk-in orders, phone orders and a couple of sit-ins like us. We were acknowledged immediately and told they would be with us shortly. Ordering was simple as over the counter should be, questions answered with a smile. The pricing seemed a little on the higher side, until the pizzas appeared at the table! I am sure that the 10" and 14" pizzas were actually closer to a 11 1/2" and 15 1/2" pizza, and the toppings were very generous indeed. They were piping hot, and the cheese was that perfect combination of taste and stringy-ness.

Suffice it to say these were fantastic pizzas, the service was great and after seeing the size definite value for money! For people who enjoy a good (thicker crust) pizza I'd recommend this place.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hilo, Hawaii
“Best NY pizza in Hilo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

For me the best overall pizza in Hilo.
Ask for extra crispy. Large is really huge.
They deliver too.

Visited July 2012
Salem, Oregon
“Almost as good as Primetime/Odd Moes Pizza from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The dough is my favorite part of pizza & this one was good!
Chewy, not too thick or thin, toppings were plentiful & tasty.
We got the New Yorker & the BBQ Hawaiian.
Usually hawaiian is my favorite at home, but the New Yorker definately became my favorite here, yum! Prices were high, 2 larges were $50, but it was good & we're on vacation.
I called in the order on a Friday night, the boys went & picked them up, 2 larges took 25 minutes to be ready so not too bad a wait. Would definately get it again,

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hilo, Hawaii
“Great Pizza. Huge Pizza.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

When ordering the massive 19in pizza make sure you have some backup ready to devour the other 3/4 of the pizza because you won't want any of this awesome pie to go to waste. I would personally recommend the California pizza. The pesto flavor it boasts is amazing. If you are feeling more adventuresome, they also offer a one of a kind seafood pizza which I think every true pizza lover should try.

Visited January 2012
Hakalau, Hawaii
“Friendly service but mediocre pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Wish I could be nicer, and I'm not usually critical of most restaurants, but the pizza wasn't the best. The service and price was good, but the pizza was a little less than average. The hot cheese dripped off in globs rather than being nice and stringy and the flavor of the cheese wasn't great. I think it would be above averge with good quality cheese. The sauce was fine and just the right amount of garlic. Next time I'll try the Alfredo instead.

• Visited February 2012