“Relaxing place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“Relaxing place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stopped at this restaurant one evening in October 2014 during our trip at Hawaii. The food was good, the beer (a pitcher of Lavaman Red Ale Longboard) was delicious and the perfect atmosphere for two weary travelers of their day away. The place is airy and a bit noisy. It suits more to those who want to relax and unwind than to those looking to make a couple meals.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Arvada, CO
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Lovely breeze through two open sides of the building. Fresh fish! Ahi poke was melt in your mouth. We had salads- fresh greens with excellent ahi, fish and chips were great, macadamia chicken and garlic mash recommended by our teenage son. Service excellent. Hilo is a bit rustic, but I recommend the restaurant.

Aviano
“Strong drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The food was great and the staff were attentive and cheerful. The pinacolado was way too strong for me. I could hardly taste the piña or the colado. In fact, we had to stay for dinner because I couldn't walk far. Yes, I'm a light weight.

Visited July 2014
MISSOURI
“Delicious Hilo Vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The FOOD was so tasty, somewhere between great bar food and good restuarant fare. Good bar and a local struming some great oldies. Almost no walls let you enjoy the slow moves of downtown Hilo, so quant and friendly.

Visited July 2014
“Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

When I walked into the restaurant I was seated within a few mins. There was a band playing which added to the evenings atmosphere.
My 'issue' was the timing of the food. I ordered a soup for a starter and my main course. Both were served at the same time, not ideal. The soup was good, more sweet (Maui Onion Soup) than I was expecting.
Main course - The Fish tacos were ok. I wouldnt order again as there were wasn't a lot of flavor to the shrimp. However very nice plump medium size shrimp were used, not the baby shrimps.
Overall not a bad dinning experience. I would try again, but a different meal.