I couldn't have found a more peaceful place for my little weekend getaway! What first struck me was the perfect location - immersed in nature yet a short drive into downtown Hilo. A stroll off the lanai through the garden full of fruit trees lead me to the spectacular Wailuku river gorge. A wooded trail meanders along the gorge offering peek-a-boo views of the beautiful waterfalls and river below. A short walk up the quiet picturesque road leads to another stunning view of the Bowling Pots waterfalls. A short drive down the hill leads to majestic Rainbow Falls. The rooms are absolutely adorable, delicious breakfast with homemade breads and fresh fruit from the garden. I will always stay here when in Hilo!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Hawaiian B&B is a two story 'Olde Hawaiian Style' home located on 1/2 acre of gorgeous landscaped grounds, backing onto State-owned land, and the Wailuku River. It is situated in one of the most peaceful and tropical areas of Hilo, and only two blocks from the Boiling Pots Park, which has an overlook of the river. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Old Hawaiian Hotel Hilo
- The Old Hawaiian Bed And Breakfast
- The Old Hawaiian B&B Hilo, Hawaii