The Old Hawaiian Bed and Breakfast was a wonderful, lovely experience. I was born and raised on O'ahu, and I am very picky about travel and lodgings. This was a wonderful, comfortable, beautiful setting, with friendly, intelligent, lovely owners who were helpful in every way. My room was the largest one available and the most private. A large iron-framed bed and smaller day bed evoked a turn of the century (19th-20th) Victorian charm. Huge double hung windows let in loads of natural light. The spa-like bathroom was modern and luxurious in size, with a sunken tub and separate shower. Being there was instantly relaxing. Breakfast service was prompt--just the right touch of casualness and formality, and was delicious. Because I was there for the high school track and field State Championships, i didn't need a lot of direction about places to go, but Lory was certainly knowledgeable. It was also fortuitous that she coaches track at Hilo High, so she was additionally helpful given my reasons for travel. The grounds were planted with authentic native plants, in addition to common, non-invasive fruit trees and a variety of flowering irises, hibiscus, to name a few. While waiting for a ride, i walked up the street where friendly neighbors smiled and waved. I would definitely return the next time I go to Hilo, and in fact, I'd prefer staying there than at a luxury hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Hawaiian B&B is a two story 'Olde Hawaiian Style' home located on 1/2 acre of gorgeous landscaped grounds, backing onto State-owned land, and the Wailuku River. It is situated in one of the most peaceful and tropical areas of Hilo, and only two blocks from the Boiling Pots Park, which has an overlook of the river. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Old Hawaiian Hotel Hilo
- The Old Hawaiian Bed And Breakfast
- The Old Hawaiian B&B Hilo, Hawaii