“Worth a trip across the island to Hilo” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 206 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Dessert
Alaska
“Worth a trip across the island to Hilo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had a chance to stop here our first visit to the Big Island a few years ago and made it a point to get here again on this trip, we liked it so much. Though I'm no expert on mochi, I love the variety available, and their famous strawberry mochi is not to be missed! My other favorites are the butter mochi (like a butterscotch brownie), likiloi mochi, and milk mochi. The menu with 20 plus versions of mochi can be overwhelming, but the staff is helpful in answering questions. If you're not sure what to try, they have little sampler boxes with a good variety. Be sure to bring cash!

• Visited January 2014

Bellingham, Wash.
“My introduction to Mochi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

When my girlfriend and I were in Hilo, everyone was telling us about this little place to get mochi. Neither by girlfriend or I had knew what this was, so we decided to give it a try. We were lucky to hit them at a time when they were open because the hours are kind of limited. We got a sampling of mochi and I found the strawberry mochi to be very tasty. I'm back on the mainland now and I wish I had some in the refrigerator to munch on. Next time we are on the Big Island, we will definitely stock up.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Markham, Canada
“Best mochi of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was phenomenal. My partner and I rushed to this place in the evening from the Kona side during our honeymoon and technically, they were closed. But because they were still packing up and the lights were on, they allowed us as an exception to purchase some of the mochi. The strawberry, grape, and butter mochi are by far the best I have ever had in my life. Huge succulent strawberries in a delicious bean paste inside the fluffiest, most delectable mochi wrapping I've ever tasted. The butter mochi is airy and fluffy and cakey yet substantial and delicious.

I will come again and again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honolulu
“Fantastic confections”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This little place is a treasure. Their wide varietry of flavors means they have something for everyone. If you have a particular flavor you like, and want a whole box (20 pc.), order ahead.
My wife ordered 2 boxes of Okinawan Sweet Poatao mochi to take in to work. Everyone loved them.

They're closed on Sun and Mon, and it's cash only.

If you're in Hilo, you gotta hit this place, and the Farmer's Market.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
boston
“Great chichi Mocci”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I think it's great Mocci .The hours and days open are irregular and when they are open they often have little to choose from.

• Visited August 2013