“Heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Brunch, Lunch
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch
“Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Two Ladies Kitchen is amazing! This is my second visit to this mochi confectionery in Hilo and it won't be my last. I had to wait a few minutes for my order to be prepared but it was well worth the wait. As I was waiting for my strawberry mochi order, a very kind handsome young Hawaiian man came out from the kitchen and with a big smile and said "Aloha!", and offered us all samples of strawberry and grape mochi (grape is my new fav!). Great mochi, great service, and a enjoyable experience!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mmmm, mochi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Freshly made mochi, with a twist. This is for take out only. This Japanese dessert of pounded rice with a typical sweet bean center is usually a rare treat. The varieties they offer are delicious and interesting. The strawberry mochi is to be eaten the same day and was the best I've had. A friend had heard about it and told me to visit when we were in Hilo. Took a bit of looking around to find it across from the craft store parking lot. I make my own homemade mochi, so I have tried new variations with their inspiration! Thank you!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mountain View, Hawaii
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Just a little hole in the wall place but they make the best in Hawaii. We had the fresh strawberry one. It was great!!!

Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Mochi Galore”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was a little place filled with lots of variety of mochi. We found it through lonely planet and decided to check it out. The response of others walking in the door behind us suggested we were in for a treat. The little packages on the counter were enticing - well presented and colourful. Unfortunately we were a little disappointed. If you love mochi and variety then this is a great place.

Visited October 2012
Hilo, Hawaii
“Very Special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a great visit place for tourist. The Mochi is the very best and while there try to get a glimpse of the back room.....Just fun to see all the action in the kitchen, I understand mostly family work there. Very Special place. Aloha!

• Visited September 2012