“SO GLAD we booked him!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 59 Activities in Hilo
Lakewood, California
“SO GLAD we booked him!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Sorry if this is 2nd review, but I thought I wrote one but can't find it on tripadvisor.

Ricky is very prompt in email correspondence and port pick-up. We were on the Pride of America cruise ship, docked in Hilo. He's a knowledgeable Ilocano (Filipino) and took my family, another couple from the ship and me to MANY sights that we wouldn't have been able to enjoy with the short time we had (it would have taken too much time to wait for a shuttle to the car rental site, wait in line for the car, find our way to all those hot-spots, wait to return the car, and wait for a shuttle back to the ship). He has an exciting itinerary but can customize at no additional charge. He allowed us plenty of time at each stop; we never felt rushed. His van seats I think 15, so it was cozy with just the 7 of us. I would have felt cramped had the van been filled to capacity. Ricky provided ice cold water and chips. He got us back to the ship on time. I highly recommend Ricky's Tours. To see as much of beautiful Hilo, leave all the driving to Ricky. Oh, he's a deal at (at the time of our tour) $65 per person.

Visited July 2013

Gold Coast
31 attraction reviews
“Fabulous day with Ricky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a great day with Ricky in March. He picked us up from the port right on time and had a small group. We were able to spread out a bit and I preferred to sit at the last row of the bus for the extra room. People on our tour were all under 50 so there wasn't a problem with getting in and out of the bus. The volcano national park was interesting and there was just the right amount of time spent at each stop. There was plenty of stops! Ricky doesn't stop for lunch which was fine with us as we didn't want to waste valuable time. It was a great day and very worthy of the price. I would recommend anyone travelling to Hilo to book this tour.

Visited March 2013
Keller, Texas
22 attraction reviews
“Hilo's volcano”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We booked a van with Ricky. There were so many of us that he added a second van. He was very accomodating adjusting our tour to meet our needs. He took us to all of the places we wanted to see and was very knowledgable. The tour was a very good value.

Visited March 2013
Danbury, CT
8 attraction reviews
“beware of phishing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

think someone is using Ricky's email address without his knowledge(or with?) to scam his past clients for money--we took his tour 2 yrs ago and today got an email supposedly from Ricky stranded in the Philipines asking for money to help him out???? Very weird feeling.

Visited June 2012
Amherst, New Hampshire
4 attraction reviews
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

After reading a number of good reviews I found myself very disappointed. First he says he has a. 15 passenger van. I guess that's correct if you don't mind sitting 3 to a seat and climbing fall back in the van ( not comfortable). He just drove you to various sites and let you explore them on your own guessing at what you were seeing. Other guides accompanied their groups and pointed out various features. That is what I thought I was buying. If I had known what I know now, I would have gone on a large bus tour and been more comfortable. In his defense he said he had a recent spinal fusion. While I feel for him maybe he shouldn't be giving the tour until he is back to good health. His continuous banter droned on and on and most everyone on the tour nodded off at one time or another. I suggest you seek out other alternatives.

Visited May 2013